Windows Vista Problem Reloading Drivers After System Crash

have you tried a different disc in the tray, dvd or cd just to check if its just the drivers cd not being recognised. gotta go to work myself now so ill check back tommorrow :)

any idea what caused the crash in the first place, did you get a blue screen or virus or something like that?

might have to get you to reseat the dvd drive, pretty easy to do, should be held in by one skrew underneath the laptop, lossen the skrew, slide it out and then just slide it back in again, while its switched off of course :)

all else fails fire her up in safe mode and try the cd again, talk to ya's later

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

thats what i was wondering to H

anfield if you can get screen shots of device manager for us that might help

Last edited by a moderator:
If its a recovery disc, from the boot menu it will give you options.
Press R on the keyboard & let it do its work.

Make sure your wireless is turned on on your laptop,
could be a button or a key using the fn function

expand the network adapter icon to see what adapters are there
one should be 1394 connection,
one should be ethernet adapter
and a third should be wireless

Try this anfield, click on the start menu, click on network.

Click on Add a wireless device, & follow it from there & see if that works.

It should search for available wireless networks.

Edit - try knotaclus first mate ;)

Anfield road i am presuming you have your Lan connection adapter driver installed, there is nearly always a default driver.
connect your rj45 cable to your computer, if you have broadband you are good to go
hop on-line and follow the link below, here, you will find all the drivers and updates you need for your model,
when you are finished there, go to windows update,get all the recommended updates, BUT then also go to custom updates, here you will see a "firmware" section update that and you might find a dvd driver update.
i think that your problem with your disc not reading is because windows gave it a default cd drive and not a dvd drive driver (slap me if i am wrong anybody)

Link

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Hope this helps
Knotaclu

:)turned laptop on it went a bit funny and went into recovery,i forgot i left the drivers disk init after a bit everything just came on and is working fine so i would like to thank you all for help and understanding my comp no how which is not much,so once again thank you all very much axxxo knotaclue noely and hiteck ,

Back