Problem with Sats and channels Please advise ?

carmine

Hello And Good Afternoon to you all,

Apologies in advance for my ignorance but with help from a couple of friends I had to install a new motor to my Motorised Satellite System

My Sat can see Sat Positions From 42 East to 30 West.

To find 0.8 West I installed from inside Openpli Menu Satelliete.xml file with some sat positions on there and the rest once i had motor locked into 0.8 west 13 east 16 east and 28.2 east I tuned in others I needed manually through images set up menu.

After sometime of this working fine I now find then when i move dish to 16 east it no longer moves from this and am unable to move to other sat positions.

I have to manually move dish with button under motor from later turn off system and then its okay although it does move straight back to 16 east and then once again up ladder to move with manual button under motor. I have move it back to 0 then manage with remote to find 0.8 west and all the others except for 16 east.

Is there an easy fix for this or is there a new satellite.xml list with most of the sat positions i want and can it that way ?

I also use an app on my mobile to check sat positions signal and when i go on that it only has remains of satellite.xml i downloaded a while ago

Many Thanks

carmine

Its could be a problem with the sat.xml .

What you could try is install a channel list with echannelizer or something similar that covers sats from 42e-30w example woud be sat-ans settings.

Then try move your dish between the sat positions.

I had a lot of hassle with H9 boxes moving my dish reliably also though. Sent it back in the end.

Its could be a problem with the sat.xml .

What you could try is install a channel list with echannelizer or something similar that covers sats from 42e-30w example woud be sat-ans settings.

Then try move your dish between the sat positions.

I had a lot of hassle with H9 boxes moving my dish reliably also though. Sent it back in the end.
Yeah are there any how to`s on here any chance of pointing us the right direction lol
Cant complain about box been only prob really has been since i had to chance motor

Yeah are there any how to`s on here any chance of pointing us the right direction lol
Cant complain about box been only prob really has been since i had to chance motor
Use Dreambox Edit attached with the Sat-An Settings also attached.

Install Dreambosedit on your PC. And extract the Sat-An settings to your desktop.

Click on Tools, top left, and select Options.

Enter your receivers IP Address, and click the Test IP Connection option.
If it works then click save.
Now go to File, top left, and select open.
Navigate to the Sat-An settings folder, and open seltect lamedb. Then File, FTP, and send files to your dreambox.
Once it's loaded click the Restart Enigma 2 option.

Attachments

• Sat-An_E2_motor_62° E-34.5° W_V2.rar
    305.3 KB · Views: 1
  • dreamboxEDIT_setup_7.2.1.0.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 5
Hello And Good Afternoon to you all,

Apologies in advance for my ignorance but with help from a couple of friends I had to install a new motor to my Motorised Satellite System

My Sat can see Sat Positions From 42 East to 30 West.

To find 0.8 West I installed from inside Openpli Menu Satelliete.xml file with some sat positions on there and the rest once i had motor locked into 0.8 west 13 east 16 east and 28.2 east I tuned in others I needed manually through images set up menu.

After sometime of this working fine I now find then when i move dish to 16 east it no longer moves from this and am unable to move to other sat positions.

I have to manually move dish with button under motor from later turn off system and then its okay although it does move straight back to 16 east and then once again up ladder to move with manual button under motor. I have move it back to 0 then manage with remote to find 0.8 west and all the others except for 16 east.

Is there an easy fix for this or is there a new satellite.xml list with most of the sat positions i want and can it that way ?

I also use an app on my mobile to check sat positions signal and when i go on that it only has remains of satellite.xml i downloaded a while ago

Many Thanks

carmine
In ABM, there is an option to update to the latest sat .xml files.

In ABM, there is an option to update to the latest sat .xml files.
Oh Okay can you advise how to do this please ??

Use Dreambox Edit attached with the Sat-An Settings also attached.

Install Dreambosedit on your PC. And extract the Sat-An settings to your desktop.

Click on Tools, top left, and select Options.

Enter your receivers IP Address, and click the Test IP Connection option.
If it works then click save.
Now go to File, top left, and select open.
Navigate to the Sat-An settings folder, and open seltect lamedb. Then File, FTP, and send files to your dreambox.
Once it's loaded click the Restart Enigma 2 option.
Erm May give it a go but few years ago i used Dreambox and had nothng but trouble with it

Are you able to FTP a satellites.xml file in to etc/enigma2 if i supply you one with all the positions ?

1.Download and install Filezilla from here and install on your laptop/PC.

2. On your ZGemma box, from the remote control, go to:
MENU - INFO PANEL - INFOS - NETWORK
Near the top of the page it should show:
Internet address: ###.###.#.### ( numbers should replace the hash tags )
Take a note of this internet address.
I use openATV but on other builds there may be different MENU options you may have to go under to find the internet address but it should be in the Network option.

3. Once Filezilla is installed on your laptop/PC, open the program and you should have a screen similar to this:

A = This is where to put the internet address that we took a note of earlier.

B = The username is: root

C = Press the quickconnect button to connect to your ZGemma box.

D = The left side panel is the contents of your laptop/PC.

E = The right side panel will show the contents of what you are connecting to.

F = Like I said before, the left side panel is the contents of your laptop/PC. From here you can choose the file(s) that you wish to transfer to your box.

G = The right side panel should now show you the contents of your ZGemma box.

4. To transfer a file over to your ZGemma box you must follow these steps:

-Once connected to your box, on the right side panel, find and open the destination folder you are going to put the file that you are transferring over etc/enigma2 in your case.
-On the left side panel, find the file that you are going to be transferring over to your box.
-Then just drag and drop it.

Thats it, you just transferred a file from your laptop/PC over FTP to your ZGemma box.

I use openATV but on other builds there may be different MENU options you may have to go under to find the internet address but it should be in the Network option.

3. Once Filezilla is installed on your laptop/PC, open the program and you should have a screen similar to this:

F = Like I said before, the left side panel is the contents of your laptop/PC. From here you can choose the file(s) that you wish to transfer to your box.

-Once connected to your box, on the right side panel, find and open the destination folder you are going to put the file that you are transferring over etc/enigma2 in your case.
-On the left side panel, find the file that you are going to be transferring over to your box.

Thats it, you just transferred a file from your laptop/PC over FTP to your ZGemma box.
just one last thing will it overwrite existing file or does that need to be delted also ?

ignore that just saw folder rar you wrote there that just overwrite lol
do i need to extract first with izarc ?

Very good instructions @Ferret. I am sure the thread starter and others will find this very useful, I no longer use Zgemma myself but your instructions are IMO 'spot on' (y)

Back