Q5 hd pvr

@Kremmen
Thats the same details as my Q5 thats just out the wrappin paper :)

Cheers for the manual :) ,any pointers to tuts?, for access to the inner workings of said device, shoot I can't seem to find info on what firmware is on the device lol, any pointers are most welcome :)

Cheers,

K.

I think the only other info that's needed is that by pressing the blue button you can access the Network Server Config page to enter your gift line.

Anyone know the actual manufacturer of these boxes?
Im having real trouble tracking down remote codes
For my universal remote.

All i can find is they could be a clone of the orton x403c or Opticum.

K.[/QUOTE]

I think the only other info that's needed is that by pressing the blue button you can access the Network Server Config page to enter your gift line.[/QUOTE]

HI
At what point is the blue button pressed to open the config page.

Thanks

HI
At what point is the blue button pressed to open the config page.
Thanks

When the box is in normal TV mode (i.e. watching a channel), press the blue button to show the "Network Server Config" menu.

Hi i just got q5 hd pvr , i cant work out how to put cline on cheers, n when search for channel is it set as tele r use ntl?

Hi i just got q5 hd pvr , i cant work out how to put cline on cheers, n when search for channel is it set as tele r use ntl?

Not sure if you can load the line by USB, but if you press the blue button it will bring up the Network Server Config menu where you can enter it manually.

You normally use Newcamd for cable.

Hi Kremmen.
Did you have to install cable xml on the Q5 before use or its already on?
If so is there a chance of pointing me to the file. Can't seem to locate one on here.

Thanks

Hi Kremmen.
Did you have to install cable xml on the Q5 before use or its already on?
If so is there a chance of pointing me to the file. Can't seem to locate one on here.

Thanks

I bought my box second hand. It already had a brute force xml file containing every freq & symbol rate for anywhere in the UK or Ireland. So it takes a very long time to scan & produces lots of duplicate channels.

I edited it for use in my area, so it's now a lot quicker & only scans the necessary frequencies.

I have attached the original brute force xml.

Attachments

• cables.zip
    3 KB · Views: 199
Thanks chap you are a gem

---------- Post Merged at 02:09 AM ----------

Sorry have you got the editor handy as well please.

Thanks chap you are a gem

---------- Post Merged at 02:09 AM ----------

Sorry have you got the editor handy as well please.

If you mean the editor for the XML list, then you can just use any free XML editor. I use "Open XML Editor", which is now called "Essential XML Editor":-

Essential XML Editor

If you mean the Channel Editor, I have attached it.

Attachments

• Q5_HD_channel_editor_v0_11.zip
    138 KB · Views: 129
On the off-chance that anyone reading this thread wants an offset (xxx.750MHz) cable.xml file for the East London area (ex C&W, sym 6952), I have attached it.

Attachments

• cables_7kings.zip
    568 bytes · Views: 67
Hi can anyone help me with guiding me through the network configuration of Q5 HD pvr. Been trying for quite some time now but it's failing.

Does anyone know if you can get to audio settings anywhere on these boxes , if i press the yellow button i get audio choice but i cannot find a way to passthrough to amp digital audio

Got mine out of the box and wired it in 2hrs ago. All a bit confusing at the moment, starting to feel like I've wasted my money. Anyone have a link to full instructions/user guide?
Thanks

Back