Queen Elizabeth II

So what if football is cancelled did you complain when Diana died and football got called off then??
have a little respect for our late queen whose only been passed away a few hours
How is my being disappointed that the whole football schedule has been cancelled disrespectful ? I am not a royalist , I have no interest in those people I have paid my taxes towards their lifestyle all my life so I am entitled to have an opinion, any death is a sad event ,but this one has no connection to me. Oh and regarding Diane . The match at Bradford City on the Friday night v Sunderland was the only game to take place that weekend and I was there in the away end supporting the lads.

How is my being disappointed that the whole football schedule has been cancelled disrespectful ? I am not a royalist , I have no interest in those people I have paid my taxes towards their lifestyle all my life so I am entitled to have an opinion, any death is a sad event ,but this one has no connection to me. Oh and regarding Diane . The match at Bradford City on the Friday night v Sunderland was the only game to take place that weekend and I was there in the away end supporting the lads.
You may not be a royalist and that's you're right but she was the head of state and it's a time of national mourning, just because you don't feel the need to mourn, the majority of this country do hence sporting events being cancelled.

You didnt say you was disappointed you said for fcuk sake football cancelled

No sport at all in the uk tomorrow, not sure about beyond that, havent seen any announcement yet. I would expect the weekend to follow suit though, as many sports men and women will not want to seem disrespectful to the queens family, its only the 2nd time in 70 years that a reigning monarch has died, times have changed a lot since then, so who knows what will happen between now and the day of the funeral, which will probably be on Monday the 19th September.

No sport at all in the uk tomorrow, not sure about beyond that, havent seen any announcement yet. I would expect the weekend to follow suit though, as many sports men and women will not want to seem disrespectful to the queens family, its only the 2nd time in 70 years that a reigning monarch has died, times have changed a lot since then, so who knows what will happen between now and the day of the funeral, which will probably be on Monday the 19th September.
The UK government has told football leagues that games can go ahead this weekend, but has left the final decision in the hands of governing bodies.
The Premier League is expected to make an announcement imminently about this weekends fixtures.

Premiership Rugby
The two Gallagher Premiership matches scheduled for today will be postponed.
Bristol Bears v Bath Rugby will take place at 5.30pm on Saturday and an update will be given on the Sale Sharks v Northampton Saints as soon as possible.
The other matches scheduled for Saturday and Sunday will go ahead as scheduled.

sport in the UK this weekend
FOOTBALL - all matches in the UK are postponed this weekend (including Monday night fixtures)
RUGBY UNION - The two Gallagher Premiership matches scheduled for today will be postponed. Bristol v Bath will now take place at 5.30pm on Saturday and an update will be given on the Sale Sharks v Northampton Saints as soon as possible. The other matches for Saturday and Sunday will go ahead as scheduled.
RUGBY LEAGUE - The Super League Eliminators scheduled for tonight (in France) and tomorrow will go ahead.
HORSE RACING - Racing is cancelled today and tomorrow but will resume on Sunday. The St Leger at Doncaster will now be run on Sunday. The meeting at Musselburgh on Sunday is cancelled
CYCLING - the remainder of the Tour of Britain has been cancelled
ATHLETICS - The Great North Run on Sunday will go ahead as scheduled
CRICKET - restarts tomorrow including the England v South Africa test match - presumably tomorrow will be Day 2 but that has not been confirmed in the statement)
BOXING - all boxing tournaments postponed this weekend - Shields v Marshall title fight has been postponed until 15 October

There are two sides to every decision .
The FA decision means a football funday for 600 kids is not allowed to take place. The amount of volunteers time and efforts wasted (and opportunities for kids) is enormous. And entirely pointlessly. What is the point in stopping kids matches and training that allow fresh air, activity and enjoyment to kids. It’s plain stupid. I’ve not heard a word of support for the decision on any of the multiple parents and managers WhatsApp chats that I am on for our kids teams. The FA have only succeeded in alienating people involved in kids football. They really are a rubbish bunch. Kids rugby matches etc all go ahead - better decisions by those that oversee those sports.

There are two sides to every decision .
The FA decision means a football funday for 600 kids is not allowed to take place. The amount of volunteers time and efforts wasted (and opportunities for kids) is enormous. And entirely pointlessly. What is the point in stopping kids matches and training that allow fresh air, activity and enjoyment to kids. It’s plain stupid. I’ve not heard a word of support for the decision on any of the multiple parents and managers WhatsApp chats that I am on for our kids teams. The FA have only succeeded in alienating people involved in kids football. They really are a rubbish bunch. Kids rugby matches etc all go ahead - better decisions by those that oversee those sports.

We were supposed to have a Dads v Lads match and the presentation for last season tonight, the manager put it to the vote whether it should go ahead and "no" was the majority by a couple of votes. Sundays game cancelled too, which eveyone seemed to agree with. I abstained from voting.

I think it's fitting that this weekends professional matches are postponed but I'd like to see next weekend played, with a chance for clubs and supporters to show their respects - West Ham fans sang God Save The Queen at last night's match and I thought it was a great tribute.

Back