Radiator help

Colv6

Any plumbers out there

I have two radiators the same size one double panel in the bathroom one single panel in the bedroom can I swap them about by having heating turned off and shuting the valves, or do I have to drain the system first ?

Not a plumber but to take a radiator off the wall you don't have to drain the system, have you looked on youtube?

No just a thought I had tonight the bath room is roasting and the bedroom just warm, I thought the same as you but just wanted to be sure. YouTube here I come

When you say both valves do you mean the thermostat valve and the balance valve on each rad or just the thermostat valve on each ?

thermo valve and lockshield valve both need closed off
there will still be the water the rad holds that you will need to have a couple of basins for
you will need to bleed the system afterwards, and perhaps top up the pressure if its a combi system

Also if combi boiler you could just drain system and open bleed valves on the two radiators you want to change the other radiators will loose very little water.

Also if combi boiler you could just drain system and open bleed valves on the two radiators you want to change the other radiators will loose very little water.
every rad will empty that way,
unless its a drop down system where the downstairs is fed from upstairs,
and that is a whole new nightmare of problems waiting to happen with syphoning effects etc and trying to bleed every single rad again, plus new inhibitor

Back