Recomend Good laptop under £400

liamt

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Hi guys.
Im in need of a half decent budget laptop for my business. Nothing to expensive all i will be doing is writing up reports, email, general browsing.
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8723602
Been looking at this one. Dont really understand intel meaning and procesors, i no HDD is memory space and RAM is how fast it runs but anything elce im lost

Sponsored Links

steptoe

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
way overpriced for what it is,
I know very little about computers either, but, I do know thats not worth the money
have a look at ebuyer, thats where I got my laptop from, AMD A9 with 8G RAM and 500G HDD for under £300
some people dont like AMD , but on the basic side, to please them,
assume an AMD A9 is better than an intel i3, its actually on a par with an i5

steptoe

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
AMD run at a hotter temp compared to Intel as far as I believe
all my PCs laptops run AMD, not by choice, simply as thats how it worked out, and I dont see any issues with my temp monitors on any of them,
I do NOT do any heavy gaming or stuff like that, maybe that makes a difference, but in general, it would appear to me at least, a non computwery person, that AMD gives a similar if not better performance for less money, ie: more bang for your buck

Sam14

Registered
Yes true but all depends on your needs I suppose I know years ago AMD ran really hot compared to intel but with technology advancing all the time they are probably on par

liamt

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
nice laptop mate, although, tbh, apart from a bigger HDD the specs arent much different to what I got for under £300, albeit not an HP, but it does have a DVD burner.
you wont go wrong with that , for sure.
Cheers mate gets deliverd tomorrow. Hopefully it does the job

liamt

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
was having a problem with blue screen of death when browsing the web. seems its a problem with a HP program and a recent MS update. HP Velocity.

this was the code on the restart screen -
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

ipeaklwf.sys failed

if anyone has any type of HP system and encounters this problem try this
Remove in Settings

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps.
  • Choose the program you want to remove(HP Velocity), and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
  • To remove an app you got from Microsoft Store, find it on the Start menu, press and hold (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall.