Recomend Good laptop under £400

liamt

TK Veteran
Hi guys.
Im in need of a half decent budget laptop for my business. Nothing to expensive all i will be doing is writing up reports, email, general browsing.
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8723602
Been looking at this one. Dont really understand intel meaning and procesors, i no HDD is memory space and RAM is how fast it runs but anything elce im lost

way overpriced for what it is,
I know very little about computers either, but, I do know thats not worth the money
have a look at ebuyer, thats where I got my laptop from, AMD A9 with 8G RAM and 500G HDD for under £300
some people dont like AMD , but on the basic side, to please them,
assume an AMD A9 is better than an intel i3, its actually on a par with an i5

AMD run at a hotter temp compared to Intel as far as I believe
all my PCs laptops run AMD, not by choice, simply as thats how it worked out, and I dont see any issues with my temp monitors on any of them,
I do NOT do any heavy gaming or stuff like that, maybe that makes a difference, but in general, it would appear to me at least, a non computwery person, that AMD gives a similar if not better performance for less money, ie: more bang for your buck

Yes true but all depends on your needs I suppose I know years ago AMD ran really hot compared to intel but with technology advancing all the time they are probably on par

nice laptop mate, although, tbh, apart from a bigger HDD the specs arent much different to what I got for under £300, albeit not an HP, but it does have a DVD burner.
you wont go wrong with that , for sure.
Cheers mate gets deliverd tomorrow. Hopefully it does the job

was having a problem with blue screen of death when browsing the web. seems its a problem with a HP program and a recent MS update. HP Velocity.

this was the code on the restart screen -
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

ipeaklwf.sys failed

if anyone has any type of HP system and encounters this problem try this
Remove in Settings

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps.
  • Choose the program you want to remove(HP Velocity), and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
  • To remove an app you got from Microsoft Store, find it on the Start menu, press and hold (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall.

Back