Recommend me a gaming PC

steptoe

VIP Member
My lad, (almost 15) is looking a new pc for Xmas, the one he has was fairly basic a few years ago.
He has seen this one
https://www.ebuyer.com/1538366-alph...600x-16gb-ram-1tb-amd-5600x-3060ti-core-v2-q3

But from my basic (very basic) knowledge, I'm thinking this has better specs
https://www.ebuyer.com/1537606-hp-omen-rtx-3070ti-amd-ryzen-7-3-8ghz-16gb-2tb-hdd-512gb-4u6s7ea-abu

or any other recommendations around the same sort of price point, max £1100

Many thanks techers,
The second one has a better CPU and gpu and bigger hdd

https://www.ebuyer.com/1537606-hp-omen-rtx-3070ti-amd-ryzen-7-3-8ghz-16gb-2tb-hdd-512gb-4u6s7ea-abu

But the M.2 is larger on the Alphasync which is what will help with game loading times

I'd still go with the HP Omen though cheaper too.

You may get a better deal at Palicomp or Awd.it so take a look on there.

The second one has a better CPU and gpu and bigger hdd

But the M.2 is larger on the Alphasync which is what will help with game loading times

I'd still go with the HP Omen though cheaper too.
What's the M2 , the SSD,?
I'm thinking it's the fancy lights he likes, so was gonna give him £100 with the Omen to buy some if he wanted.
I don't think game loading will be an issue, either of them will blow his present i3 into the water i should think

What's the M2 , the SSD,?
I'm thinking it's the fancy lights he likes, so was gonna give him £100 with the Omen to buy some if he wanted.
I don't think game loading will be an issue, either of them will blow his present i3 into the water i should think
Its a kind of ssd yes mate.

Take a look on the Palicomp or Awd.it websites though mate you may get a better deal and can build your system to your spec.

I would hold off until Black Friday. You’ll more than likely get a much better deal then.

Also, what monitor do you have and/or are you upgrading that too?
Just mentioned that to the boss lady to wait until black Friday.
I'm not sure on monitor, but I got him a proper gaming one a couple of years ago for his PS5, iirc it's something like 120Hz 4K

That should be good enough. Probably worth checking the connections etc. if it has HDMI 2.1 or the display port equivalent of delivering 4K and/or 120Hz (I am not too familiar with that).

Some monitors can handle even higher refresh rates like 144hz+ at 1440p.

i was looking at pc bundles was looking at this what does any one think of it uyes or no

SCAN Artius Gaming PC Bundle - Intel Core i5-12400F / 16GB / RTX 3060 Ti / 1TB SSD/WIFI + Windows 11​

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't buy intel,
AMD have been out classing them on the gaming front for a few years now ,
And bang for buck intel have been behind for about 10 years.

Personally I wouldn't buy intel,
AMD have been out classing them on the gaming front for a few years now ,
And bang for buck intel have been behind for about 10 years.
Agree I’ve had my lads built with amd and ssd for just over 1k and there faster than my all in one pc and graphics are wicked on theres

Agree I’ve had my lads built with amd and ssd for just over 1k and there faster than my all in one pc and graphics are wicked on theres
My lad is near 15 ,
And been researching his for nearly all this year, and came back with 3 of his choices which were all AMD .
He wanted to build his own,but it worked out more expensive, apart from some extra RAM , which he can buy himself with the money he has saved.

im after a bundle steptoe for daughter i was going to build it myself then get monitor and keypad and mouse plus its then 100 plus to buy windows 11 but that worked out more expensive after looking at bundles

im after a bundle steptoe for daughter i was going to build it myself then get monitor and keypad and mouse plus its then 100 plus to buy windows 11 but that worked out more expensive after looking at bundles
Don't pay £100 for windows you can get windows 11 pro for £13

Back