Recommend me a gaming PC

Yeah, that’s pretty good, 1080p 240hz. Rtings says it has both freesync and gsync support so you should be good with either an amd or nvidia graphics card.

The PC you linked in the first post may be able to handle 1440p 120fps for some games. But you need to spend a grand or two I think on a graphics card to get higher frame rates at 4k.

If the PC handles 1080p very well you may find a good deal on a 1440p gaming monitor. I got a 1440p for the other week for £110 after Cashback but it’s refresh rate maxes out at 120hz and doesn’t support nvidia gsync.

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s pretty good, 1080p 240hz. Rtings says it has both freesync and gsync support so you should be good with either an amd or nvidia graphics card.

The PC you linked in the first post may be able to handle 1440p 120fps for some games. But you need to spend a grand or two I think on a graphics card to get higher frame rates at 4k.

If the PC handles 1080p very well you may find a good deal on a 1440p gaming monitor. I got a 1440p for the other week for £110 after Cashback but it’s refresh rate maxes out at 120hz and doesn’t support nvidia gsync.
Thanks @Drox
But a grand on a pc is more than enough, never mind a graphics card,
TF this is more or less his last big present, he leaves school next year so can buy his own , lol

Thanks @Drox
TF this is more or less his last big present, he leaves school next year so can buy his own , lol
I wouldn't spend a grand on a top tier graphics card at the beginning. Focus on the motherboard that can be upgraded in the future and have him save and make it a project
Did you end up getting a bundle?

Did you end up getting a bundle?
Just bought the PC,

AlphaSync Diamond 3060Ti Gaming PC, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, Windows 11 Home

He already has a good mechanical gaming keyboard and mouse I got him a couple of years ago, that he is happy with, he can buy another himself if he wants to.
No doubt he will strip SSD etc from his existing PC ,
And maybe expand the RAM .
I'm also hoping this new PC will be able to cope with CAD, I've just bought a 3D printer and I want to try and get him into CAD so he can convert my drawings into actual model files.

Just bought the PC,

AlphaSync Diamond 3060Ti Gaming PC, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, Windows 11 Home

He already has a good mechanical gaming keyboard and mouse I got him a couple of years ago, that he is happy with, he can buy another himself if he wants to.
No doubt he will strip SSD etc from his existing PC ,
And maybe expand the RAM .
I'm also hoping this new PC will be able to cope with CAD, I've just bought a 3D printer and I want to try and get him into CAD so he can convert my drawings into actual model files.
The ssd he has In that should be running at gen 4 speeds so should be grand
Even have it as a secondary slot
I assume the ram is running in dual channel
Make sure he updates the bios before he starts and he could even have a go at overclocking
Seems like a good build mate

The ssd he has In that should be running at gen 4 speeds so should be grand
Even have it as a secondary slot
I assume the ram is running in dual channel
Make sure he updates the bios before he starts and he could even have a go at overclocking
Seems like a good build mate
No idea about the RAM , I don't have much of an idea about anything computery tbh,
Is there a benefit of him adding another 16G RAM from his current setup even if it's not matched to his new RAM,?
Or does it need to be new matched RAM,?

Whats the benefit of updating the BIOS on a brand new system,?

No idea about the RAM , I don't have much of an idea about anything computery tbh,
Is there a benefit of him adding another 16G RAM from his current setup even if it's not matched to his new RAM,?

16gb will be plenty for gaming mate
Always update bios and graphic drivers and I would download geforce experience too mate

Just be careful with hat your son does to the computer, A lot of pre built PC's come with a Seal on the side panel, if you break this Seal to add an existing SSD or anything it will no longer be under warrenty if you ever need to use it.

Last edited:
16gb will be plenty for gaming mate
Always update bios and graphic drivers and I would download geforce experience too mate
Just be careful with hat your son does to the computer, A lot of pre built PC's come with a Seal on the side panel, if you break this Seal to add an existing SSD or anything it will no longer be under warrenty if you ever need to use it.
Thanks for the advice guys,
As I said, I have no idea about computers, I'll be sure to advise him

Thanks @Drox
yeah, graphics card are a bit too pricey at the moment. I am making my own pc at the moment and as I don't need it for gaming, I will just use the onboard graphics until I can get a good deal on a graphics card. Even then, the graphics card will only be so that I can run a few more monitors simultaneously lol.

More RAM just means you can have more active apps open etc. My old macbook still runs fine with only 8gb ram and about 80+ tabs open. Task Manager > Processes ( I think it is for Windows) will show you the biggest memory and cpu users.

Back