Recommendation for a new Box (replacing zgemma h2h)

Neil7210

Hi All

Wondering if you all can help me

I currently own a zgemma h2h and use it for Satlittle Freeview

I love the skin\epg it offers where it categorises the channels and keeps epg updated with ease. Also I am able to rec\pause live TV

I once trialled IPTV on this box and it was fab when all setup (using jedi xtream maker). Again it was able to catgorise the channels in one pain of glass together with my satellite channels where i didnt need to flick through different apps. This is a must in my case for choosing my next box.

Im looking to upgrade my box just cause i need something upto date and perhaps with more spec to cope iptv when i re sign up for this service

It must be able to do above, so not sure if i should be sticking to Enigma in this case or if android boxes is able to offer this

Let me know your opinions please.

Thanks

You can try the Buzztv box XRS 4500 or XRS 4900 as they all can put your favourite channels into favourite section.
You can also record or schedule recording.
This is not a satellite box but a hybrid box using the Buzztv 5 Mac address or XC API or even apps just like a firestick

Any decents enigma2 4k will run just like the h2s but handle the IPTV much better. which box depends on your budget

So I come across these boxes which has 2GB Flash and Decent Spec

Technomate TM-Twin 4K Enigma 2 Linux UHD

VU+ Zero UHD 4K 1x DVB-S2X

AX HD61 4K UHD Twin Satellite Tuner 2x DVB-S2X

Edision OS mio+ 4K UHD Grey 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-S2/T2/C

I did consider the OCTAGON SF8008 as above posts mentioned but only has 1gb flash. Yes I know this may be plenty but want to future proof my self and get up-spec’d box.

Which of the above would anyone recommend?

Last edited:
I can not comment on the Edison and the AX however the Zero is a good box single tuner though.

I would not consider or give the Technomate shelf space.

Last edited:

I did consider the OCTAGON SF8008 as above posts mentioned but only has 1gb flash. Yes I know this may be plenty but want to future proof my self and get up-spec’d box.

The Gigablue UE UHD 4K for sale (brand new) in the for sale section has 4gb flash, absolute bargain, my brother in law has one and it's lightning fast

I also have the Gigablue UE fantastic bit of kit and the only reason i did not recommend it was OP had a H2H so i recommended a budget box which is a great box.

The UE is in a different league and if the OP can afford one id recommend one.

I have an 'AX HD61 4K UHD Twin Satellite Tuner 2x DVB-S2X ' Brilliant box, had it over 1 yr now fast and power full(y)

In the interests of transparency I've just received an offer for it on EB so will likely take that unless I hear anything in the next hour or so.

Thanks all for feedback,

If box is going to last me several years, then yes i would definite consider high end box..

Ok so most recommend AX or the Gigablue and price is around £100 difference between them AX-£169 \ Giga-£269 (Approx)

The AX HD61 4K UHD Twin Satellite Tuner 2x DVB-S2X -- Spec: Quad core 15,000 DMIPS, 4x 1.6Ghz 2 GB RAM 8 GB flash
The Gigablue UHD Quad 4K UHD 2xDVB-S2X FBC -- Spec:: Dual Core 1.7GHz 2GB DDR4 RAM and 4GB eMMC flash

Im not to fuss about the fancy LCD at the front. More want reliability as well as quick and responsive box.

leaning towards the AX box, hmmm confusing...

Thanks all for feedback,

If box is going to last me several years, then yes i would definite consider high end box..

Ok so most recommend AX or the Gigablue and price is around £100 difference between them AX-£169 \ Giga-£269 (Approx)

The AX HD61 4K UHD Twin Satellite Tuner 2x DVB-S2X -- Spec: Quad core 15,000 DMIPS, 4x 1.6Ghz 2 GB RAM 8 GB flash
The Gigablue UHD Quad 4K UHD 2xDVB-S2X FBC -- Spec:: Dual Core 1.7GHz 2GB DDR4 RAM and 4GB eMMC flash

Im not to fuss about the fancy LCD at the front. More want reliability as well as quick and responsive box.

leaning towards the AX box, hmmm confusing...
OCTAGON SF8008 will match those boxes any day and last for years. Ram is not an issue can expand memory on them all with a usb/memory card or HHD

Back