Recommendation for a new Box (replacing zgemma h2h)

Thanks all for feedback,

If box is going to last me several years, then yes i would definite consider high end box..

Ok so most recommend AX or the Gigablue and price is around £100 difference between them AX-£169 \ Giga-£269 (Approx)

The AX HD61 4K UHD Twin Satellite Tuner 2x DVB-S2X -- Spec: Quad core 15,000 DMIPS, 4x 1.6Ghz 2 GB RAM 8 GB flash
The Gigablue UHD Quad 4K UHD 2xDVB-S2X FBC -- Spec:: Dual Core 1.7GHz 2GB DDR4 RAM and 4GB eMMC flash

Im not to fuss about the fancy LCD at the front. More want reliability as well as quick and responsive box.

leaning towards the AX box, hmmm confusing...
Read up on the capabilities of the FBC tuners when combined with Unicable LNB's.

Long story short record multiple channels from the same sat down a single cable. Ive ran 16 recordings at the same time and it would do more. Now that maybe a useless feature to you, but very handy for my other half when she needs to record multiple programmes.

Read up on the capabilities of the FBC tuners when combined with Unicable LNB's.

Long story short record multiple channels from the same sat down a single cable. Ive ran 16 recordings at the same time and it would do more. Now that maybe a useless feature to you, but very handy for my other half when she needs to record multiple programmes.
Cannot see you recording the leeds premier league games next season Fez :whistle: :sleep:

@Ferret. I suppose that is a good feature...

the GiGaBlue UHD Quad 4K offers this @ £269 or the Gigablue UHD UE 4K UHD @£216
but then again i saw the Vu+ Uno 4k @246
All great specs.

But to be honest, i hardly watch freeview, only the odd occasion like the matchs and bit of ant and dec on a saturday night... otherwise its netflix\prime...

I know i will be watching more once IPTV (hopefully i'll get a service that would allow multi steaming and recording), but do i need a FBC tuner for this, not really....

Pointless buying all guns blazing box if im not going to make the most of it...

if cardsharing was still working the 100% FBC all the way...

Money aint the issue, still double minded... either future proof my self with a VU+ or just get a bog standard SF8008 \ AXHD61....

Vu+ are good boxes but they're not future proofing. There are no new Vu+ boxes on the horizon that I can see and they rarely bring out any firmware or driver updates these days.
I would go for the Gigablue UHD UE 4K or the AX61. I have both and they are both great boxes. The Octagon SF8008 is also a great box but no internal HDD.

According to openatv and gigablue forums there will be no more FBC because broadcom has stopped producing those chips so I would advise anyone to try gigablue and vu while still available

I have the Pulse 4K (same box as the AX HD61) and the SF8008, Uno4K SE, Zero4K and several others.

All great boxes tbh, however the Zero4K is only single tuner.

The Pulse 4K (thus the HD61) is a very good box, build quality is on par with Vu+ imo (remote maybe not quite so good), but the SF8008 is great value for money.

If you don't need (or plan to use a unicable II lnb) then fbc shouldn't really come into the decision.

Yes and you can also connect other stb's on network and use the the FBC tuners to record to them also without sat connection to those boxes.

Ok i think im finally close to making decision and go for the Gigablue UHD UE 4K UHD

Can i check if anyone still uses the cable tesrestial tuners? either with TV ariel or Virgin cable to get freeview channels?

im just thinking if Sky goes down for what ever reason then you have a backup... Im totally out the loop on if Virgina Cable able to view\scan free channels as i recall back in the days these were blocked?

Ok i think im finally close to making decision and go for the Gigablue UHD UE 4K UHD

Can i check if anyone still uses the cable tesrestial tuners? either with TV ariel or Virgin cable to get freeview channels?

im just thinking if Sky goes down for what ever reason then you have a backup... Im totally out the loop on if Virgina Cable able to view\scan free channels as i recall back in the days these were blocked?
Nothing on cable really but I use the dvb/t/c tuner for Freeview through a rooftop aerial. 150 TV and radio channels. This is on a H7C

I have terrestrial tuner in my gigablue uhd quad 4k for freeview.

good decision, I was asking similar question few weeks ago and went for GB UE and it is great box. Touchwood no issue so far but no blind scan if that was also one of your criteria.

C/S still work on European sats...

good decision, I was asking similar question few weeks ago and went for GB UE and it is great box. Touchwood no issue so far but no blind scan if that was also one of your criteria.

C/S still work on European sats...
Have you setup IP TV on this?

want to see if it is possible to setup VPN on this device such as nord when using IPTV

The UE copes with IPTV via Jedi Mkaer extreme just fine and youll be able to setup VPN

Back