Recording issue on E4

I'm using 3rd July vix Img fresh install and not getting no signal with tuner B on the first 2 transponders.
10714 H and 10729 V
These are channel 4 ones, not sure what the problem is the way round recording I found was to set it to zap and record so it uses tuner A to record.

Never thought of that lol... but still would rather be watching something with out having it zap to e4 or channel 4 etc etc to start a recording then having to go back to what i was watching, thats why i went back to wooshbuild v3.03 final... works perfectly. I'll test my other box at work 2moz night as that has wooshbuild v 4.001 on it, if that has tuner b problems, back to v3.03 it goes. Thanks for the info tho, hopefully someone will check it out and find a fix :)

I have had this issue since moving to v4 when it became beta, what has been updated or not updated i have no idea? I don't think the channels have moved as on v3.03 tuner b finds the e4 channels but on v4.001 it does not, and thats checking the same transponder.

Last edited:
Channel 4 HD works as it's not on them transponders.
The only time I record on more4 is middle of the night when kitchen nightmares is on so zap and record doesn't bother me. But it's a pain in the ass and needs sorting. When I scan with tuner b it finds the channels in that transponder it just doesn't get a signal when watching them

Channel 4 HD works as it's not on them transponders.
The only time I record on more4 is middle of the night when kitchen nightmares is on so zap and record doesn't bother me. But it's a pain in the ass and needs sorting. When I scan with tuner b it finds the channels in that transponder it just doesn't get a signal when watching them

A scan on mine with tuner b on 10729 finds zilch, tuner a finds the 11 channels no problem. I went back to wosshbuild 3.03 final as it works fine and records e4 channels etc while watching other programs on tuner a, gets her indoors off my back about hollyoaks not recording lol

Well the bad news for you Daz is it is working fine for me, but I know you are not alone.

Both tuner A and B get full signal for all the channel 4 channels.

This is my E4 Tuner B. I have also tested record E4 and watch BBC 1 with no problem at all.

screenshot.jpg

Cheers Woosh, I have 3.03 Final back on my h2s and can confirm that tuner B works fine on that build so will wait until a fix appears, Thanks and keep up the great work :)

20160810_224916.jpg

Hard to fix what isn't broken on my box, that is the downside. One user who has the problem is trying some bits I think.

I have just done a software update and tested again and still working. So it isn't something I can solve this end, even going right back to a clean OpenATV 5.3 will still give me it all working.

And with it also being reported on Vix "3rd July vix Img fresh install" it isn't a build thing I am afraid. I don't know what it is though.

Last edited:
No worries pal, im happy with 3.03 as that works, i'll test my box at work 2moz thats running 4.001, i'm sure that one is fine, if it is i'll swap it with the one at home as that gets used more, anything to keep her happy so i get my pocket money lol

It could just need re-flashing on both our parts. Try a fresh install of the most recent wooshbuild and see if your still having problems. I can't on mine as my computer is broke but I will at the weekend when I can get hold of one

I am just guessing atm, but could it be regional, ie I am in East Midlands TV region, could it be my e4 is a different service to what Woosh is seeing for example.

In /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.ukcvs00.tv

I am seeing the following around line 277

#DESCRIPTION 136 E4
#SERVICE 1:0:1:206c:7fa:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION 137 E4+1
#SERVICE 1:0:1:2094:7fa:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION 138 More4
#SERVICE 1:0:1:240e:7f9:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION 139 More4 +1

Are these the same for everyone?

All channel 4 regions are on the same transponder mate so that wouldnt be the problem. I personally think something went wrong when it was flashing the image, it effects the first 2 transponders on the astra sat. Just happens that channel 4 use them

Same Grog

#DESCRIPTION 136 E4
#SERVICE 1:0:1:206c:7fa:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION 137 E4+1
#SERVICE 1:0:1:2094:7fa:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION 138 More4
#SERVICE 1:0:1:240e:7f9:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION 139 More4 +1
#SERVICE 1:0:1:5302:814:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION 140 4seven
#SERVICE 1:0:1:189e:7fd:2:11a0000:0:0:0:

If someone with this issue would try a clean flash of OpenATV 5.3 and see if that is the same I would be grateful. It is silly me pulling stuff apart to fix if WooshBuild isn't broken.

ill give it a shot and try stock openatv 5.3 and report back when done

---------- Post Merged at 01:21 AM ----------

Sorry for the delay, had no luck with openATV 5.3, flashed openvix again and thats was fine, flashed basebuild 3 and wooshbuild 3.03 and that was fine, flashed a fresh download of wooshbuild 4.001 and nothing on first 2 transponders on tuner b, reflashed wooshbuild 3.03 and tuner b working again. I did find this post on another site on a quick google search:

i have just come accross a fault with openatv 5.3 and recording when i set a timer it starts recording ok but when you try to change channels the second tuner b is not coming on just a circle spinning up in the left corner of the screen i found this out from a friend i set up a box for he would set the timer on his box and when he went to watch it the next day there was nothing there file list showed the programs but when he pressed ok nothing played so i got his box and started checking it out i flashed it with openpli 4 and it recorded as normal then i tried the latest openatv 5.3 from zgemma.tv and it failed not recording right i then flashed with opendroid 5.5 and it was the same failing when trying to kick in the second tuner so at my wits end i tried openatv 5.1 and it worked perfectly it looks like there could be a driver issue in the latest builds causing this problem

​Hope this helps

Last edited:
So if I am reading all that correctly, A fresh nightly OpenATV 5.3 has the issue as does a fresh nightly of OpenPLI 4 ?

OK I didn't think about it last night but I have two boxes running so when I went to bed I checked the 2nd box and that one is not having an issue, signal for E4 is good on both tuners.

Both are running wooshbuild 4.001 beta
Both have same TV region setting
both connected to same LNB

So none of those can be the problem (in theory)

It's a strange one

So if I am reading all that correctly, A fresh nightly OpenATV 5.3 has the issue as does a fresh nightly of OpenPLI 4 ?

I kinda read it as openpli 4 is ok, openatv 5.3 has errors, opendroid 5.5 has errors, openatv 5.1 is ok, openvix 4.0.003 is ok, openvix 4.1.016 has errors.

---------- Post Merged at 12:29 PM ----------

I'm heading back to Nottingham tonight so i'll check my other h2s in my room running wooshbuild 4.001 and report back on those first 2 transponders working or not.

Last edited:
Back