Recording issue on E4

Cheers Grog, i can only assume those are not the correct tuner drivers.... the search continues.

Just a thought grog, both your boxes are running the same image so same drivers, would using the drivers from that folder from a the working atv image woosh posted earlier work?

i finish work at 6.30am... so once iv had a few hours kip i'll flash the image woosh posted and extract the 'extra' folder contents, then flash back v4.001 and then delete the freshly flashed 'extra' folder contents and then insert previously extracted files, reboot, test tuner b on the first 2 transponders and see if that works. As usual i'll report back success or failure. Fingers crossed lol

Last edited:
Top banana Daz, I've just followed what you were going to do and success! I've wrote step by step instructions of how I did it for anyone unsure up to now or struggling below.
Cheers everyone involved it was driving me nuts!
View attachment 18827

Download this folder 'Extra' -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uocfz93inygnuei/AACtlxgTQJqX8ql6DjBJB4wma?dl=0
Open Filezilla (or similar FTP) Connect to your box
Navigate to lib->modules->4.01 delete the folder called 'Extra'
Upload the downloaded folder, restart the box and have a look on your signal finder to check it has worked.
Let us know how you've got on after!

Thanks to Gmanpanthro for simplifying the instructions!
Also let me know if the link has worked as its my first time uploading to dropbox!

I'm no expert with all this so if there is a better method or something I've missed, give us a shout!(y)

Last edited:
Just noticed mine has this "bug" too. Would be interesting to find out exactly what file is causing the issue. I probably would of never noticed as I rarely watch the affected channels

Top banana Daz, I've just followed what you were going to do and success! I've wrote step by step instructions of how I did it for anyone unsure up to now or struggling below.
View attachment 18827
* I only use the rear USB slot here having to keep replacing them as mine is 3.0 and doesnt flash in the front port, if yours does, ignore them parts and use the second USB in the front part :)

Get a blank USB and save a blank notepad file on it called 'Backupstick', put it in the front of your box
Blue button->Software Manager->Complete Backup->Green Button(USB), once it finishes, turn box off at back, put USB back in your computer, delete 'backupstick' and save ALL other contents (should be two folders) where you will remember, delete from USB when copied
Download Wooshman's link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbsborwx8n7kfib/Straight_from_new_H2S_box.zip?dl=1
Copy the 'Zgemma' folder from the download to your blank USB, with box turned off put in back of box and switch on
When 'update' or 'usb' shows on the front, press the power button once on front of box, its should now show 'flash'
when it boots, connect to box on Filezilla (or other FTP), navigate to lib->modules->4.01 then download the 'Extra' folder
Turn box off, USB back in computer, delete contents and put the folders of your backup back on, USB back in the rear of box, turn on, press power button when usb/update shows, let it flash
When booted it should be as it was before you started, connect over filezilla again, navigate to same folder (lib->modules->4.01)
Delete 'extra', then upload the 'extra' folder you downloaded from the last version, restart box replacing USB to your HDD and have a look at your signal for tuner B, should be good to go!

I'm no expert with all this so if there is a better method or something I've missed, give us a shout!(y)

Would you be able to put that extras folder onto a dropbox download or something? Saves having to faff about flashing images etc.

View attachment 18827

Download this folder 'Extra' -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uocfz93inygnuei/AACtlxgTQJqX8ql6DjBJB4wma?dl=0
Upload the downloaded folder, restart the box and have a look on your signal finder to check it has worked.

Also let me know if the link has worked as its my first time uploading to dropbox!

I'm glad that worked, just doing mine now too :)

Haha, confirmed those are the correct drivers for the tuners and the tuner b transponder locks for the channel 4/e4 channels now fixed and working 100%

Last edited:
Could do with a sticky on this fix for those having recording issues due to tuner b, I have just recorded the goldbergs on e4 to test while watching sly movies... playback worked fine, no black screen/blank recording.

Cheers Grog, i can only assume those are not the correct tuner drivers.... the search continues.

Just a thought grog, both your boxes are running the same image so same drivers, would using the drivers from that folder from a the working atv image woosh posted earlier work?

i finish work at 6.30am... so once iv had a few hours kip i'll flash the image woosh posted and extract the 'extra' folder contents, then flash back v4.001 and then delete the freshly flashed 'extra' folder contents and then insert previously extracted files, reboot, test tuner b on the first 2 transponders and see if that works. As usual i'll report back success or failure. Fingers crossed lol

I did a full backup of working box and flashed it to the box that wasnt working yesterday and it made no difference, but that didn't suprise me as both boxes had same build so drivers.

View attachment 18827

This worked a treat, thank you. What date where these drivers from do you know?

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 PM ----------

Could do with a sticky on this fix for those having recording issues due to tuner b, I have just recorded the goldbergs on e4 to test while watching sly movies... playback worked fine, no black screen/blank recording.

I second that and I'm sure woosh will stick these in his build, assume they don't effect those with a working box :)

Just noticed mine has this "bug" too. Would be interesting to find out exactly what file is causing the issue. I probably would of never noticed as I rarely watch the affected channels

Its one or all the drivers files in lib/modules/4.0.1/extra thats causing the issue, overwriting these files with the files from the earlier atv5.3 image that woosh posted fixes the bug.

---------- Post Merged at 04:27 PM ----------

Grog glad it worked for you, working drivers are from:

OpenATV 5.3
Drivers dated: 2016-01-21
Installed: 2016-04-13
Last Updated: 2016-04-12

---------- Post Merged at 04:38 PM ----------

One test left.. updates, see if the drivers get updated

---------- Post Merged at 04:49 PM ----------

updates completed and drivers still working fine :)

new file list screen after updating online, did not like it so flashed 4.001 back again and uploaded extra folder back and restored settings... no more changes now lol

Last edited:
Great work, tested and working fine on my box. Maybe the bug should be reported to the openatv team to be properly fixed but it is odd that it affects some boxes but not others

Will this fix work on vix? Going to try it now if no one knows

---------- Post Merged at 05:17 PM ----------

Can now confirm this works on a vix image. A mod needs to make this thread a sticky, I'm going to email zgemma.tv for them to put this on their versions of vix so no one else has this problem in future big thanks to everyone who has worked hard to sort this out appreciate it.:willy nilly:

new file list screen after updating online, did not like it so flashed 4.001 back again and uploaded extra folder back and restored settings... no more changes now lol

Check out the woohsbuild FAQ, about question 38 i think, the updates installs a couple of plugins that just need to be removed again

Check out the woohsbuild FAQ, about question 38 i think, the updates installs a couple of plugins that just need to be removed again

Cheers Grog but I'll be leaving my flash fresh with just the 'fix' applied, works perfectly so leaving it at that now lol... hopefully new wooshbuild coming soon with fix applied so no need to upload files anymore but I have made a full backup of mine now with drivers replaced :)

Last edited:
I've just ftp'd the drivers to my 'good box' which was already getting a signal on tuner a and b for E4 to see if it had a detrimental effect and it didn't both tuners still work with older drivers

Doing updates now, wow so many updates and being told do so at own risk. well I'm obviously a risk taker, as i took the risk and it's paid off:)

Backup made.

I will get the drivers in the current and subsequent WB releases this weekend.

Well done all of you for getting to the bottom of this, working together and getting a fix. <------ not taking the pi*s... I am being serious for once :-)

Back