Recording on a mag254

walf1888

Taking the leap this week from zgemma to mag254. Was wondering if there are any tutorials about with how to record on a mag254 box. Any links,info,help would be appreciated.

Been looking for this for some time, from what I gather, it's down to your supplier wether you can record or not. IPTV providers mainly provide catchup on some channels.

Taking the leap this week from zgemma to mag254. Was wondering if there are any tutorials about with how to record on a mag254 box. Any links,info,help would be appreciated.
The ability to record is giving by your supplier , usually the supplier don't allow it because it drop double load on the server
To let you record he have to give you 2 connections access , which mean you will consume double the normal bandwidth
Secondly each server can run up to 100 connection , if the supplier decide to give recording rights it would suffice for 45 clients instead of 90 normal client (10% is reserved for safety)

Sent from my K10000 using Tapatalk

The ability to record is giving by your supplier , usually the supplier don't allow it because it drop double load on the server
To let you record he have to give you 2 connections access , which mean you will consume double the normal bandwidth
Secondly each server can run up to 100 connection , if the supplier decide to give recording rights it would suffice for 45 clients instead of 90 normal client (10% is reserved for safety)

Is this for recording whilst watching another channel? What about just recording the channel you are on. Say if you are going out?

Is this for recording whilst watching another channel? What about just recording the channel you are on. Say if you are going out?
Even if you are recording the channel you are watching ,you still require 2 streams instead of one
Else the image might break up and so is the sound

But it highly depend on the box , you can try and record and see if the image doesn't breakup

Back