Recording playback

Jonnyb72, very likely a setting. Everyone has different set ups. I have 2 connections for my iptv. I used Jedi Maker Extreme to add the iptv m3u. I had exactly the same issue you described. The stream type was set to IPTV(4097) in Jedi Maker. I changed that to DVB(1) and it works now. I think Xtream Editor has a similar setting.

Jonnyb72, very likely a setting. Everyone has different set ups. I have 2 connections for my iptv. I used Jedi Maker Extreme to add the iptv m3u. I had exactly the same issue you described. The stream type was set to IPTV(4097) in Jedi Maker. I changed that to DVB(1) and it works now. I think Xtream Editor has a similar setting.
Thanks I’ll try it when I get back and let you know how I get on

Yeah I tried it no joy!!!!! Thanks though

My h9s won’t record at all it’s on 6.2 wooshbuild infinity toshiba hdd but it won’t record at all it just crashes and stays on the same channel with rotating blue circle in the corner any settings I’ve missed here guys??????
Hi mate...am very interested with what you have to say on this matter, as a friend of mine has been putting up with the self same issue on his H2.S...he's so pissed of with it that he's looking for a new box (or should I say that I am on his behalf!)...let me know of any updates regarding this...hope you had a breakthrough! (y)

Regarding sat or cable recording only,on box how is hdd setup and is it in ext 3 -ext 4 ready .
Is hdd internal or external passport by usb or
externally powered by mains as what i use.

Regarding sat or cable recording only,on box how is hdd setup and is it in ext 3 -ext 4 ready .
Is hdd internal or external passport by usb or
externally powered by mains as what i use.
...my mates is a Toshiba Canvio via usb to rear port and set up as is from a new flash with Wooshbuild as far as I know...think its ext 3 . What's odd is that another person I know has EXACTLY the same set up with the only difference being that they are using an H5.2S ...never had a problem!!!
Thanks for the reply by the way! (y)

...my mates is a Toshiba Canvio via usb to rear port and set up as is from a new flash with Wooshbuild as far as I know...think its ext 3 . What's odd is that another person I know has EXACTLY the same set up with the only difference being that they are using an H5.2S ...never had a problem!!!
Thanks for the reply by the way! (y)
I’ve had no joy at all it still won’t record just crashes and I’m stuck with an unresponsive box until the recording ends then it’s all back to normal wish I’d stuck with the h2s now I don’t think there’s a fix for this one unless anybody has a genius idea cheers guys

Usb passport could crash the box if not enough power from usb port.I also use the same named desktop hdd 1 and 2 tb externally powered.

Replace the hdd with a usb stick and try that dont forget to mount it correctly.
Its a case of trying things to get to the root of the cause of crash.

Replace the hdd with a usb stick and try that dont forget to mount it correctly.
Its a case of trying things to get to the root of the cause of crash.
I know I’m a bit thick with this but how do I mount a usb stick on a h9s? Sorry I’m a bit crap at it all

Well if you dont know how to mount the usb i wonder is the hdd setup and mounted .
On vix via blue button -- vix- mount manager it should show hdd / and or usb sticks saying Type ext4 R/W
Check yours first as ext4 R/W is setup for recording on linux boxes.mounts.jpg

Well if you dont know how to mount the usb i wonder is the hdd setup and mounted .
On vix via blue button -- vix- mount manager it should show hdd / and or usb sticks saying Type ext4 R/W
Check yours first as ext4 R/W is setup for recording on linux boxes.View attachment 39045
Thanks so the difference on mine is the device is sda1 as yours says sdb1? Is that an issue?

No check what your hdd says is it Ext 4?.
I have both internal hdd and 8gb usb stick is probably why it looks different to yours.
In storage check if the option is there to go from ext 3to ext 4 on your storage device.

No check what your hdd says is it Ext 4?.
I have both internal hdd and 8gb usb stick is probably why it looks different to yours.
In storage check if the option is there to go from ext 3to ext 4 on your storage device.
Yes it is ext 4 the only difference is the one I said on the device sorry I’m really poor at this honestly I wouldn’t be using the box at all without the help I get here so thanks again

No worries we were all at that stage,ok hdd is mounted correctly.Box should be able to record cable or sat ,but unsure on iptv as i dont use it.
You could try putting box into deep sleep and try a usb stick and power it up and mount that as ext 4

No worries we were all at that stage,ok hdd is mounted correctly.Box should be able to record cable or sat ,but unsure on iptv as i dont use it.
You could try putting box into deep sleep and try a usb stick and power it up and mount that as ext 4
Ok so I should be able to record sat channels and watch iptv channels at the same time ? I’ve only tried recording iptv

Yes you should be able to record on one tuner and view on the other be it cable or sat.
Some iptv providers dont allow viewing and recording as you need to check with provider.
Might also be your setup if in using iptv,cant help on that sorry.
If you have sat wired in and setup try that first to see if you can view and record.

Yes you should be able to record on one tuner and view on the other be it cable or sat.
Some iptv providers dont allow viewing and recording as you need to check with provider.
Might also be your setup if in using iptv,cant help on that sorry.
If you have sat wired in and setup try that first to see if you can view and record.
Thanks for your time and help I will try to record a sat channel see how it goes and I’ll let you know how I get on thanks again

Thanks for your time and help I will try to record a sat channel see how it goes and I’ll let you know how I get on thanks again
Sorry buddy quick update the box now records perfectly on sat channels and I can watch iptv at the same time so I just wanted to thank you for your help it’s very appreciated

Back