Recording problems

brads27

I have just bought a zgemma S2H box,i have it set up,everything works fine except for recording,if i press the small red record button on remote it records fine but if i try to set it to record a program on another channel it dosent work,i go to file list and what i set it to record is there but empty,any help would be good.

is your second tuner set up correct, if you want to record a different channel whilst watching a different channel tuner 2 needs to be set up

go to menu/set up/ service searching/tuner configuration make sure tuner a and tuner b are 28.2e

Done that both set to 28.2e,tried recording another channel ,it shows up when i pressfile list but is empty.

are you trying to record a hd channel or sd channel? remember hd channels will be black as no hd anymore

what are you trying to record to, an external hd drive, usb flash drive?
if its external drive then make sure its recording to it
Menu /setup/system/recording and playback settings
default movie location/media/hdd/movie/

maybe you need to initialise the usb again
menu/setup/system/storage devices/initialisation
press ok on your drive
then press red to initialise

Screenshot (52).jpg

---------- Post Merged at 05:36 PM ----------

Ok will give it a go

---------- Post Merged at 05:40 PM ----------

So i have to turn the box off?or do i do something else.

---------- Post Merged at 05:50 PM ----------

Do i have to turn box off unplug usb the plug it back in and turn box on again,sorry to be a nuisance.

do it from the beginning to make sure everythings done properly,

turn your box off and take out the usb
put the usb into a computer/ laptop and format it to fat 32 /default allocation size
when its formatted,plug it into the back usb port of your zgemma
now to initialise
menu/setup/system/storage devices/initialisation
press ok on your drive
then press red to initialise

Ok thanks will try when i can drag the Mrs away from the tv

---------- Post Merged at 07:03 PM ----------

Done that but have lost lots of channels now.

---------- Post Merged at 07:06 PM ----------

Channels still there just not showing on EPG

press blue button and autoboquetsmaker you need to update your boquets, and also after that click blue button again and crossepgdownloader to reload your epg
when that's done try to record something on a different channel wilst watching another channel and see if its all sorted

It worked briefly then stopped, tried again and not working. Trying a new timer record to see if that works.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes just looking for one, thanks for all your help.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

---------- Post Merged at 08:53 PM ----------

Got all channels back,have formated a hdd i terabyte and put it in the box,will try again

Back