Recover Dead Openbox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

anyone local to me in manchester fancy having a crack at my box ?
im not brave enough to do it myself..lol

---------- Post Merged at 08:13 PM ----------

now stuck on load at lo93 then goes to e001, what next I have trawled through this sight but nobody comes up with a definitive answer

this is because you sky lead is shorting out. the coax cable from the dish coming into your house is causing the probblem.
i had to rewire mine , it was that old. it fixed the probblem.

i also have this problem. tried it on a few different sat dishes and no change. anyone have a fix?

Hi,

Has anyone successfully recovered an openbox x3. Mine is bricked at the moment and when I try and reflash the firmware I get an error message saying "please reset target". Could someone please help?

Thanks,
doney84

had issues trying to re-flash my open box... can be various reasons; tried the usb to rs232 on my laptop with windows 7 but didn't work, tried on another laptop running same software and it worked perfectly... on using the flashing tool it advises not to have open box plugged into power socket... for my re-flash to work I had it plugged in all the way through the process and worked fine... on 2 occasions. Also take heed of the previous posts about the type of cable you need. when I bought the usb to rs232 it came with cd with drivers but I couldn't get any of these to load up..... on the 2nd laptop I tried, it downloaded the relevant driver from the web and its working fine. To note my open box got stuck on load when I was updating the channel list.

Hi,

Has anyone successfully recovered an openbox x3. Mine is bricked at the moment and when I try and reflash the firmware I get an error message saying "please reset target". Could someone please help?

Thanks,
doney84

Hi I had same problem with reset target .. I had to change port 1 to port 5 and it worked ..if not try other ports ..Hope this helps

hi im new to this site im also having trouble with this i keep trying to re flash my box ive plugged it in but when i get to the part where you apply power nothing happens any help please?

Hello, also having the load problem...
i have used the cable and reset system which seems to have worked, but my problem is I can no longer receive channels. Trying to update channel list but nothing changes.
any ideas? I'm guessing it's to do with antenna settings
thanks in advance

openbox v6s stuck on LOAD

ive done other boxes but this for some reason when powering the box up it done work it does nout. when i pull rs232 jack out it tries but times out

any ideas?

---------- Post Merged at 12:30 AM ----------

tried and no go any help cheers

Hi,

Thanks,
doney84

Hi I had same problem with reset target .. I had to change port 1 to port 5 and it worked ..if not try other ports ..Hope this helps 
Hi all,just recovered my V8s,used the startech usb to rs 232 cable,I too had to change to port 5 in com settings,remember to match everything up port,baud rate,flow, everything,then it will work!
Thanks for all the info on this forum
mondeo18lx

Hi guys. I'm new here. When I power my openbox v8 combo the small green power light goes on but the small decoder LED screen remains blank. Could it be dead? Please advise.

I've come to use my openbox v8s today and it loads up but won't change channel and can't get the control to do anything. Can anyone help me please ?

I am going to try now.

---------- Post Merged at 09:41 PM ----------

I am going to try now.

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 PM ----------

I am getting this message when trying to download.

dextar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Make sure you have activated your account by clicking the activation link emailed to you by the Administrator, if you cannot find it check your junk mail. Click here to request a new activation link.
  2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  3. If you are trying to use our download section OR send Private messages (PM's) you have to have a post count of 1 or above before having these privileges.
  4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I am going to try now.

---------- Post Merged at 09:41 PM ----------

I am going to try now.

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 PM ----------

I am getting this message when trying to download.

dextar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Make sure you have activated your account by clicking the activation link emailed to you by the Administrator, if you cannot find it check your junk mail. Click here to request a new activation link.
  2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  3. If you are trying to use our download section OR send Private messages (PM's) you have to have a post count of 1 or above before having these privileges.
  4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

give it some time for the forum server to log your first comment then try again...im currently in the same boat.

Right guys,i have since learned that my box boots just fine unless i attach the lnb..done some searching around and someone mentioned it could be a short in the lnb.. i have cut back the cable to no avail (iv inspected the cable and there doesnt seem to be a problem)

can anyone shed some light on this or experienced similar?

i originally thought i needed to reflash but it seems the box functions fine (switches on...loads..displays no signal as no lnb attached) as long as no lnb attached...

please help a brother out

Back