Recover Dead Openbox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

Hi.
I`m new to this site, I am try to flash a v5s through the serial port. but keep getting com test failed. Im using the same cable that worked for v8s

Has anyone got any advice

ello, are any of these flash tools compatible with w10?

---------- Post Merged at 01:13 PM ----------

I'm getting the same issue with openbox v8s, stb memory error. I'm using w10 (64) and it fails after the done message...aaaaa nightmare!

My mates box is stuck on load (openbox v8s)

this guide should resolve his issue right?

in the guide it says make sure you select the right com port, how do work out which is the right com port?

thanks

My mates box is stuck on load (openbox v8s)

this guide should resolve his issue right?

in the guide it says make sure you select the right com port, how do work out which is the right com port?

thanks

Worksfine...... It comes up saying com port 1: didn't work for me and went to port 2 and all was good

skybox f5 no light on front except for a very tiny dim red light, Ethernet port flashing at the rear. do I need a new power supply or can this be flashed to get working again?

thanks

trying to download the pvr 800 tool from downloads . Macafee saying it has blocked the site, it gives an option to continue, is it safe to carry on

This will have been posted many, many times, so apologies for being unoriginal. I bricked my V8s Openbox by trying to update the channel list. Have muddled my way through online help as the person I bought it from is no help. I have very limited technical knowledge, I can just say clear cache and browsing history on my laptop, so the names of cables and abbreviations quite literally blow my mind. Anyhow....I have a RS232 cable, managed to get as far as running the the upgrade, but I get stuck at synchronising the port (when you click 'Next' and plug in the Openbox) It doesn't say to try again, just doesn't actually start downloading anything. Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated, especially of it is in very simplistic terms.

This will have been posted many, many times, so apologies for being unoriginal. I bricked my V8s Openbox by trying to update the channel list. Have muddled my way through online help as the person I bought it from is no help. I have very limited technical knowledge, I can just say clear cache and browsing history on my laptop, so the names of cables and abbreviations quite literally blow my mind. Anyhow....I have a RS232 cable, managed to get as far as running the the upgrade, but I get stuck at synchronising the port (when you click 'Next' and plug in the Openbox) It doesn't say to try again, just doesn't actually start downloading anything. Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated, especially of it is in very simplistic terms.

What helped me get passed this stage was.
In device manager, go to your COM\PORT settings. Click advanced, and adjust the receive and transmission rates to a lower number, either on the slide bar or using the pop up box. I had mine set on 3456 and it clicked and began downloading. Re-read the first post on this thread, it all makes sense in the end.

---------- Post Merged at 08:13 AM ----------

Same problem with skybox m5 problem i get is stb memory fail

Read my update above re adjusting receive and transmission settings in COM/PORT advanced settings. It all helps.

I'm having issues with my openbox v8s I have downloaded all the correct tools erom upgrade etc bought a new rs232 to USB cable I'm having problems when I click next I get.synchronising stbs please reset target but I just can not get done to come on its probably something simple bit it's got my head battered lol

This download is a load of cr**! takes you through to numerous sites to download all other stuff other than original software!!!

Have you checked your serial port settings in device manager and checked its set to the correct baud rate/parity. ?As per download instructions. Also try selecting another com port
laserguy100

Last edited:
Back