reflashing starview 4

eirejk

Hi All. Just wondering if anyone has much experience of reflashing the starview 4 box and if you need a specific loader to do it as i've tried to follow instructions on here but i think the loader i have is for an older / different version.

Cheers,

Thanks a million for the quick reply. I'm fairly new to forums and struggling to find my way around. I keep seeing stuff about introducing myself but dont know how to officially do that, and i followed the link you put up but it says something like I DONT HAVE PRIVELEGES TO SEE THE PAGE. Any help is much appreciated.

Have you checked your emails inbox eire?
There should be a message from the Techking Admin with a link.
You should be ok after you click this link (y)
Come back & I`ll help you flash the SV4 ;)

Yeah I know Ferg, our lives won't be worth ...........LOL

Hi eirejk, welcome here, I'd say your good to go now with Noels Help :)

Thanks a million for the quick reply. I'm fairly new to forums and struggling to find my way around. I keep seeing stuff about introducing myself but dont know how to officially do that, and i followed the link you put up but it says something like I DONT HAVE PRIVELEGES TO SEE THE PAGE. Any help is much appreciated.

you're doing fine eirejk, have a look around, take your time and enjoy the forums :)

I got the 8882 error on my sv4. I read all posts etc and took action as described by dooby2oon in a very good post. I bought a rs2332 interface (usb connection) and downloaded the gt rom loader for sv4. I followed instructions for the download connecting to cn1 etc. My computer does recognise the usb connection and its on com 2 with a baud rate of 115200 as specified.
My problem is that when i press download, i get a message from the loader saying "Cannot open com2, Please check com 2". Can anyone help with this as i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. ??

Many thanks,

eirejk

Back