Refreshing H5.2s box

Hi there
Need to reflash H5.2S. However have a 500GB hard drive attached, Can I keep the contacts of the hard drive or do I lose it all???
Rgds

Last edited:
Hi there
Need to refresh H5.2S. However have a 500GB hard drive attached, Can I keep the contacts of the hard drive or do I lose it all???
Rgds
You can keep them all mate; if you are installing wooshbuild for instance, there is an option to initialise hdd or not... and same goes for other images... do not initialise or wipe, then your drive contents are safe (y)

Cheers Carcosa for the reply. Going for OpenATV 6.4 then Whooshbuild. Is that all ok for the HDD??

Do I just omit the initialise HDD bits?

Just select no when it asks if you want to initialise usb or hard drive.
What do you mean box would have already been flashed with openatv 6.4
No mention of a usb so i take it he is doing an online flash ot via command prompt, The memory on the box is not big enough so will not flash without a usb ot hard drive initialised. Quite simple

Oh I see what you mean I just took it for granted he would flash online using his existing hard drive, or he wouldn't be worried about losing his contents.

So, can I flash via USB stick (not HDD). To avoid confusion, my intention was to refresh to OpenATV6.4 downloaded onto USB stick with HDD still connected to the back socket. Is this possible and should I disconnect the HDD from the back as I reflash.

Back