Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Even if you dont use o2 as your main number we got a 6 quid sim for my mum and she basically claws it back on cafe nero drinks every week.

In terms of speed i agree its not the best but 3 for me and ee for my mum were not reliable in terms of even getting a signal. On three if i walked to the top of a hill and stood on a step ladder i might get 4g+ which is faster than o2. But in ee and three it was like having an alfa which hardly started, but it went fast went when it did. Just moving to o2 is like moving to a nissan micra starts on the money every time just not as fast as the alfa.

I was nearing the end of my contract 200mb basic tv and phone and decided to go with BT 500mb for £39.99 Virgin said they couldn't match it so I went ahead and gave them notice to cancel,Virgin phoned me back today to offer me 500mb at £38 a month!! Happy days!!!

Last edited:
I was nearing the end of my contract 200mb basic tv and phone and decided to go with BT 500mb for £39.99 Virgin said they couldn't match it so I went ahead and gave them notice to cancel,Virgin phoned me back today to offer me 500mb at £38 a month!! Happy days!!!
How long did it take them to call you back? I’m just going through this process myself, gave them my termination notice yesterday.

Got yourself a good deal there, I was paying £38.50 just for 100mb broadband and phone line which was due to go up to nearly £50 at the end of my contract.

How long did it take them to call you back? I’m just going through this process myself, gave them my termination notice yesterday.

Got yourself a good deal there, I was paying £38.50 just for 100mb broadband and phone line which was due to go up to nearly £50 at the end of my contract.
They usually call back the next day or within a few days.

Best to speak to the outbound retention team reps who call you a few times. Don't accept a deal from them the first time.

3 days before they called back

I just did the same thing last week, was on the Volt package upgrade with 200gb BB, V6 basic TV and landline - was £36 a month but was going up to £62.50. I told them I was going to BT for £29.99 /m for their 150mb deal. They said they couldn't match it so I cancelled my contract. The very next day I got a call from the Virgin retentions team and said I could remain on my package for another 18 months for £29 /m. Also the recently announced price increase (was to be £4 /m on my old package) won't apply to me. Happy enough with that.

After terminating my contract with Virgin on Monday they called me back today. The offer was the same package of 100mb broadband and phone line for £19 a month which I had been previously been paying £38.50 a month for.

Happy to take that as the best offer I found elsewhere was Vodafone Super fast 2 for £20 a month and that would have also been a drop in speeds 👍🏻

Got mine, going up by £4 but it won't affect your contract and will only apply when your contract runs out. Time to "leave" again lol

Got mine, going up by £4 but it won't affect your contract and will only apply when your contract runs out. Time to "leave" again lol
Strange wording by them.

No surprise they said goes up when your contract ends now. Alot will just put cancellation notice in and try their luck lol.

Never had much luck with this. Maybe haven't got the poker face. Best I ever get is a couple of quid off. I've just had my bolt benefits added to double B. B. SPEED. also 2 x mobile double data. Don't really want to loose these. But think I will try and bluff them out, once I receive the letter...... Paul

Never had much luck with this. Maybe haven't got the poker face. Best I ever get is a couple of quid off. I've just had my bolt benefits added to double B. B. SPEED. also 2 x mobile double data. Don't really want to loose these. But think I will try and bluff them out, once I receive the letter...... Paul
Just a game of patience mate.

When the outbound retentions team calls you are pretty much guaranteed a great deal from them.

Just let them call you a few times and see who will give you the best deal.

If no luck then can call them few days before the disconnection date and tell them you will stay.

You got nothing to lose mate.

Back