Roaming Charges Return

I have a Lyca card and a dual SIM phone , too up in local currency and it switches to the local network. No roaming involved.
Only issue being the phone number changes to that countries format,
So the number changes each time you go to a different country,
You can still keep your "old" number on a WhatsApp account though if you use dualspace, or pay for WhatsApp business.

EE to reintroduce Europe roaming charges in January​

EE to reintroduce Europe roaming charges in January

The free roaming was an EU thing, was it not fairly obvious that the little perks were going to stop now that the UK has left he EU??

I have a Lyca card and a dual SIM phone , too up in local currency and it switches to the local network. No roaming involved.
Only issue being the phone number changes to that countries format,
So the number changes each time you go to a different country,
You can still keep your "old" number on a WhatsApp account though if you use dualspace, or pay for WhatsApp business.
How does that work out? How would I know what number to ring you on if it keeps changing?

The free roaming was an EU thing, was it not fairly obvious that the little perks were going to stop now that the UK has left he EU??

From the article -

"EE, which is part of BT Group, previously said it had no plans to reintroduce roaming charges in Europe."

How does that work out? How would I know what number to ring you on if it keeps changing?
You could ring me on WhatsApp,
number would stay the same.
What I generally do is update my "new" number on my WhatsApp accounts so people can see if they want to call me on the local number.
of course they can still always call me on my UK number if they want, it doesn't change.
Just makes it a lot cheaper for me to call back to UK on my local number,

Back