samsung galaxy mini and jailbreaking

eileen

TK Supporter
hi i have a smsung galaxy mini, and an android moo9s 7in tablet, the tablet is on ice cream? the phone is locked to vodaphone, can i get either of them jailbroke,
thanks in advance

hi i have a smsung galaxy mini, and an android moo9s 7in tablet, the tablet is on ice cream? the phone is locked to vodaphone, can i get either of them jailbroke,
thanks in advance
this Question might be better asked in the android forum as this is the apple/iphone forum as i would imagine that jailbreaking works differently. But is answer to your question yes im sure they probably can be!

Moved to samsung forums (like linny suggested, so moved your post too)

Firstly its not possible to jailbreak either of those, that's referring to apple crap devices :)
Rooting refers to unlocking devices running android os.
It might be possible to root the galaxy mini but this will not network unlock the device like jailbreaking does for the iPhone.

I've rooted a Samsung Galaxy Y a couple of days ago.

Which android version is your Samsung Galaxy mini running?

How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mini Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread

1. Download needed file and rename it to update.zip
2. Copy ZIP file to your SD-card
3. Turn off your phone
4. Switch ON your device in the recovery Mode (press Home+Power on/off button).
5. Select update from SD Card option.
6. You will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
7. Wait a few minutes
8. reboot your phone, Congrats.. Your Galaxy Mini is now rooted!

Update.zip
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hvh0fdp3da33n27

Disclaimer: Rooting your phone will void your warranty and there is always a chance that you may brick your phone, proceed with caution.

An icon named "super user" will be available on your phone AFTER the rooting process.

Back