Satellite box channels worth it?

Hi,

Is it worth getting a satellite box to try and get channels like sky sports main event to work?
Got IPTV but the delay is so behind the actual event from my suppliers make it worth not watching?

Let me know?

Thanks

Short answer ~ no
Slightly longer answer ~ If you're going with a bigger dish and a motorised system there is slightly more you can get (not sure of PPV events, but one of those with motorized dishes will probably answer @Ferret. ) like the premiership football.

Short question ~ what sort of delay makes an event "unwatchable", I wouldn't have thought that even a minute or two makes it "unwatchable " unless you are trying to do in time betting.

If you are wanting a simple plug n play type system i would say no.

There is the option of this out there

UK Sat is back - Icam UK - here we go again.

But id not personally go with that as no one knows what Sky will do to stop that once they get their head around the system been used.

If you dont mind a motorised dish of at least 1 meter sat in your property and have time to explore things like feeds then you gain from it in terms of viewing quality.

Examples are prem football open on various satellites with English commentary . A good example is 16e.

PPV events like the Usyk Joshua fight had FTA feeds with Sky commentary on 16e and 10e.

IPTV makes things so much easier though and there is very little to learn you just have to put up with its little quirks.

Hi,

Is it worth getting a satellite box to try and get channels like sky sports main event to work?
Got IPTV but the delay is so behind the actual event from my suppliers make it worth not watching?

Let me know?

Thanks
If you're iptv is that far behind then I would consider trying another provider? we can watch football and most of the time we see the goal before the SS app sends a goal notification, not always. But even if that is not the case, its not hard to turn notifications on the phone while watching the match

The time delay is the main drawback with iptv nowadays, around 30 seconds is the best I have seen, for me on my E2 service its 30 seconds on most sports channels, I have 2 services running on Android in other rooms, both were great for the delay, but this season, one of them has went from around 30 to 35 seconds to about 2 minutes, so obviously I never use that one that much anymore, only to watch some series now and then, I dont watch any other channels on iptv other than sport.

Might try another iptv provider as I’m getting 3-4 minutes delay.

Thanks everyone.
I'm sure you've done it, roboot your box, reboot your router, but your time delay shouldn't be 3 - 4 minutes. Iptv at the best of times is pretty good, as you say, try looking for another provider if all else fails, gl

Hi,

Let me know?

Thanks
should be numerous options for streams of epl, dels vary but their are often significant differences between them. Even live broadcasts via sat & terrestrial have regulatory, built in delays of at least 8 seconds. I used to work right next to the Villa ground & the roar from the crowd when there was a goal came at least 10 seconds before the live broadcasts.

Back