scan finds nothing

mikk

I am reading that vm are changing stuff. Working fine for over a year, free channels ok, tried a scan but picks up nothing. Somebody here mentioned vm changing sym' rate for some areas. Is there an up to date area freq/sym' list? Anyone else having problems in Bolton area?

I am reading that vm are changing stuff. Working fine for over a year, free channels ok, tried a scan but picks up nothing. Somebody here mentioned vm changing sym' rate for some areas. Is there an up to date area freq/sym' list? Anyone else having problems in Bolton area?
If you haven't already updated provider files in autobouquets, there's a chance your netid frequency changed a while ago, updating files brings in the new .xml file you need.
run ABM after updating
You haven't said what box/image you are using

I didnt mention box as its very old, no auto bouquet just a few scan options, could I update (ex-ntl) xml manually?

I didnt mention box as its very old, no auto bouquet just a few scan options, could I update (ex-ntl) xml manually?
If you are talking about a Kryptview, there's a long thread about it in the kryptview section, some people have managed to get some channels but a lot of people are ditching these boxes now, new boxes are as little as £65

never had one so no idea how they work sorry, the KV was bad enough, mines been at the bottom of a skip for 2 years.
if you decide to get something newer, there's plenty of help on here on how to flash it and set it up just how you want it, you can record one cable chanel and watch a second and you get full epg for all channels and there's still a lot in HD.
if you think that box can be updated, go for it, what menus are on it?
is there a usb slot to upload files to it?
can you input information into the settings using remote?

You can input simple stuff with remote but its FTP for most files. I was looking at the Zgemma untill I read that vm are moving to card-less resulting initially the loss of sly hd sport channels, apparently in some areas they've have gone already

You can input simple stuff with remote but its FTP for most files. I was looking at the Zgemma untill I read that vm are moving to card-less resulting initially the loss of sly hd sport channels, apparently in some areas they've have gone already
That particular rumour has been going around for at least four years.
Sky sports HD channels went about a year ago, but SD channels still work, and all other HD channels still work
newer boxes aren't single use, most of them can run cable, sat and iptv at the same time so thy're future proof for a long time - if you get one and cable goes off after a year, you just load iptv on and carry on watching

If running the vix image on that box m8, then i would update the image to the latest one, and then i'm sure you will have a ABM plugin to scan for your channels..[ but ABM will need set up first ]

You can update the .xml file if you know where to find it on your box

If running the vix image on that box m8, then i would update the image to the latest one, and then i'm sure you will have a ABM plugin to scan for your channels..[ but ABM will need set up first ]

Mate it won't take openvix as its not a e2 box its a bit like a e1 box about 15 ish years old

Thanks Dave, where would I find an up to date xml file, are they different depending on area? I thought once online they updated.

There is only one xml file that works in all cable areas

Your box never had online updates for the xml file, the xml file was in the image the you put on to it

Try this xml file that was updated this morning

Attachments

• cable_uk_virgin.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 11
Thanks Dave, when I said 'online' I meant on the vm network. I put your .xml file on the box but still nothing, doesnt attempt to scan now. I checked the freq/sym as abu baniz posted here some changes-apparatnly not my area. I also read they are introducing mpeg4, as my box is very old I guess it would not be equipped for this ( I was getting sound but no picture), but I believe only the v6 boxes can handle mpeg4 and sure every vm customer in the area doesnt have one yet?? I have two of these boxes will trial & error this weekend, albeit in ex-TW area, it may tell me something, any ideas welcome though.

What is your NetID number? I know you said Bolton. We may need someone in same NetID as you with an Enigm2 receiver to assist.

Are you performing the fastscan or normal scan where frequencies are probed?

Can you upload the xml files in use? We can try and modify them for you like we do for the DM500C. The changes are that 6887 symbol rates and Qam 64 modulation frequencies have been culled.

Net ID is 41060 (Bolton/Manchester1), frequency that was working recently is 666.750 & symbol 6887, I believe these havent changed. I have tried fast scan & brute force, also sym' 6952. The xml I tried today is Dave100's above. I will try to rule out the box this weekend, they are a bit long in the tooth.

Using an ABM provider file on a dbox2 is not going to work for you. ABM is an Enigma2 plugin, your receiver cannot run ABM.

The cable delivery network frequency for 41060 has changed, it uses modulation 5 and symbol rate 6952. The dbox2 may have the extra 0's at the end.

Last edited:
Can someone with an E2 receiver do the following:

Remove cable services,
Press Up (next to OK), Green (satellites/extended, highlight cable services, menu, remove cable services, confirm, restart.

Run ABM, restart

Upload lamedb file from /etc/enigma2/ You will have to zip before you can upload to forum.

Ok thats why the above xml didnt work. I think the attached is the one that was working till 2 weeks ago, if its dated 2010.

Attachments

• cables (2).zip
    838 bytes · Views: 1
Try this, it is from my area, so may not be complete for you. We'll have to wait for someone to supply a lamedb file from your area.

Attachments

• cables.zip
    450 bytes · Views: 2
I've not had chance to get back to 41060, so I tried it in ex-TW with same result, are the new boxes coping with the changes or are they going down aswell?

Back