Senior Tory accuses ministers of ‘blackmail’ against rebel MPs plotting to topple Boris Johnson

Will Boris survive?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment twitter_20220120_135141.mp4

Nail coffin springs to mind...

Surely he won't survive after this?

A senior Conservative MP has accused ministers of breaching the ministerial code by making threats to rebel colleagues who are considering trying to topple Boris Johnson.

William Wragg urged the MPs to go the police, saying: “The reports of which I’m aware would seem to constitute blackmail.”..

The way I understood it is that some MP's are being blackmailed/coerced into trying to topple him, and trying to force others into voting him out, not his cronies trying to protect him

View attachment 70608

Nail coffin springs to mind...

Surely he won't survive after this?

A senior Conservative MP has accused ministers of breaching the ministerial code by making threats to rebel colleagues who are considering trying to topple Boris Johnson.

William Wragg urged the MPs to go the police, saying: “The reports of which I’m aware would seem to constitute blackmail.”..
I wouldnt be too sure mate.

This weasel/snake will find a way to stay.

Its clear as day the media and some in his party are against him. When that happens it usually means the beginning of the end.

The way I understood it is that some MP's are being blackmailed/coerced into trying to topple him, and trying to force others into voting him out, not his cronies trying to protect him

@0:41 - he states, 'threatening to withdraw investments from the MP's constituency which are funded from the public purse.' - I assume only him or his cronies could do this?

he then goes on to what I interpret as those who are lacking confidence in the PM are at risk of having sh!T leaked about them in the press.

@0:41 - he states, 'threatening to withdraw investments from the MP's constituency which are funded from the public purse.' - I assume only him or his cronies could do this?

he then goes on to what I interpret as those who are lacking confidence in the PM are at risk of having sh!T leaked about them in the press.

What he said 👆.

I personally don't think he can remain. First of all with the party's throughout lockdown and now this emerging, if he gets out of this I'll be surprised.
Even David Davis took a swipe at him yesterday in Parliament. Only a matter of time imo but who knows.

BOJO and his cronies we have seen so many times would stoop to any level possibly to get what they can. They have no morality.

What he said 👆.

I personally don't think he can remain. First of all with the party's throughout lockdown and now this emerging, if he gets out of this I'll be surprised.
Even David Davis took a swipe at him yesterday in Parliament. Only a matter of time imo but who knows.

IF he survives all this and sees 2022 off then honestly he should be awarded a knighhood :LOL: :LOL:

He just seems to go from one daily crises to another. A damning report next week will determine the outcome for sure.

I'm very confident that Boris will survive, and the reason I say this is because whatever mistakes he has done with regard 'partygate', Boris has been a victim and target of the left wing mainstream media who want to get rid of him, and its not based on criticising his policiies or his government decsion making in running the country...

I think its worrying that the MSM can have so much effect. It should be the voice of the public that's heard, not the opinions of MSM and their selective political agenda.. I crticise Boris on many of his decsions but none of that's being mentioned.

I say best of luck to Boris.

I’m not a big fan of Boris, but he should be fined the top whack £10k for hosting a party in lockdown, and the guests the £200 or whatever that was at the time.

People want him to follow rules like everyone else, then that’s fair enough, but he should be punished the same. John Doe bus driver who breaks lockdown rules gets fined, he doesn’t have a witch-hunt saying he has to quit driving for Arriva and go sign on.

I’m not a big fan of Boris, but he should be fined the top whack £10k for hosting a party in lockdown, and the guests the £200 or whatever that was at the time.

People want him to follow rules like everyone else, then that’s fair enough, but he should be punished the same. John Doe bus driver who breaks lockdown rules gets fined, he doesn’t have a witch-hunt saying he has to quit driving for Arriva and go sign on.
I think it's a pile of shite too.
My nephew worked at Specsavers all the way through lockdown, a dozen of them worked there every day, people still needed glasses and eye tests. If those 12 people worked together every day they're performing an essential service, if it was someone's birthday and a bottle of wine was cracked open its a party and everyone is breaking the law

My nephew worked at Specsavers all the way through lockdown, a dozen of them worked there every day, people still needed glasses and eye tests. If those 12 people worked together every day they're performing an essential service, if it was someone's birthday and a bottle of wine was cracked open its a party and everyone is breaking the law
Remember Boris making the point no work parties are allowed, birthday and bottle of wine seems like a party to me, i agree with you though it's harsh, work with them every day and in my case 30 of us worked all way through it shared the same canteen throughout, would a few cans and a bit of food hurt us any more than been sat there with our lunch. No.

Boris broke his rules many around the country stuck to his rules. He should be fined not forced out. Let the voters decide that.

Exactly, that would count as there ‘bubble’

A interesting piece from the Spectator..

From the Spectator by Steven Barrett a barrister
Was the law broken at the Downing Street Christmas party last year? A video has now been leaked showing a No. 10 advisor joking about the festivities. Yet this incident, which is currently dominating the news, almost certainly did not break the law – which is why the story is so perplexing.
During the course of the pandemic, the Covid laws have changed regularly. Yet one thing has stayed largely consistent: the rules have always treated people and places differently. Despite what some might claim, there's nothing sinister in this. And it's for this reason that the 'cheese and wine' gathering – which the PM has said did not take place – probably isn't a matter for the police.
During the course of the pandemic, the Covid laws have changed regularly
The starting point in the Covid rules should be section 73 of the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984. This part of the Act states that the Covid regulations, at all times, never applied to Crown Land (which includes No. 10). This only changed if No. 10 made a written agreement to be voluntarily bound – and no one thinks they did. So the regulations almost certainly never applied to No. 10 anyway.
Why would this be? The reason is simple: in the 1980s, lawmakers decided that it would be better to allow the government to function during any future national pandemic without having to worry about being caught up in quarantine regulations. The thinking was that by making the government effectively exempt in law, the government could continue to function.
In addition to the 1984 Act, there were also specific regulations that applied at the time of the alleged party: the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020. According to these rules, gatherings were allowed in all public buildings, or parts of them ‘operated by a business, a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution or a public body.’ There had to be a risk assessment but a gathering was legal for whole swathes of people.
So it seems likely that whatever happened in Downing Street was legal. Of course, this won't placate Boris Johnson's critics – nor will it do much to dent the attacks on the PM. But these people can rest assured that the law was not broken.
In our legal system, people are innocent until proven guilty. People do not get to just say that crimes occurred and then demand that someone prove themselves innocent. Criminal lawyers will grandiosely call this ‘the golden thread’ that runs through their area of law. It applies to people they don’t like as much as those they do. And it should apply in this case.
Far worse than this though is that another greater wrong has occurred. The public have been mistakenly told that some people are above the law. No one is above the law. That is what the rule of law means. If public confidence in that is undermined then that is a very serious issue. People need to stop playing politics with the law.
WRITTEN BY
Steven Barrett
Steven Barrett is a barrister

I'd tend to agree that people shouldn't play "politics with the law"

If the government can’t stick to the rules like Cummings ect bojo and his non garden party then why should the public??
Whilst loved ones was dying alone as we wasn’t allowed to visit and pay our respects whilst they was getting pissed and having a supposed work meeting yeah right get a grip.
The flood gates will soon open with more members coming forward with allegations ect of piss up meetings lol

If the government can’t stick to the rules like Cummings ect bojo and his non garden party then why should the public??
Whilst loved ones was dying alone as we wasn’t allowed to visit and pay our respects whilst they was getting pissed and having a supposed work meeting yeah right get a grip.
The flood gates will soon open with more members coming forward with allegations ect of piss up meetings lol
And if they don’t stick to the rules, why should they be treated any differently? Fined and dealt with as the public would be not forced out of a job. If people want him out of his job then then it needs to be for work related reasons, not using a pandemic as an excuse to force people out because they don’t like him, which is ultimately what’s happening with people within the government. They’ve laid in wait for any reason to try and force someone out and create a big public frenzy about it. The ones in government who are using this to force him out are setting just as shit and example as Boris did by having the party.

Back