Setting up a OpenBox V8S HD for the first time

I'm struggling I've setup the cline but when I'm searching for channels through various satellites no programs are found?

---------- Post Merged at 12:11 PM ----------

Why can't I download the dummies guide

Because you nee at least two posts to be abl to download---go and introduce yourself to members then pop back and all will be revealed.
Reaper.

We got the biffstick supplied from the person we got box from but still no luck the signal without having the stick was flickering up to 80% but when we put onto the Channel still comes up no signal on them all. Have tried everything and still no luck losing the will with it now as my sky is perfect picture .

Do these boxes work on vm?

---------- Post Merged at 10:16 AM ----------

My friend has asked if these boxes are any good?

hi Grimm, can the internal memeory be increased - thinking that if it can be set to update epg via internal memory, then it saves keeping the usb pen in it all the time? I assume you have opened one up for a poke around lol, think i'll have a look myself !!

well theres certainly plenty of space if I resolder the rear usb sdd ocket to face inwards, I could just leave a usb stick in there permanently, and it would look at lot neater, rather than having it sticking out at the back and getting dislodged etc

I wonder if a double usb would work in there? and yes, I know its prob not worth doing, but its a bit of fun now the evenings are getting darker and of course I would make sure there is still potential to add a usb aerial, so perhaps I might just do a front usb mod instead

Last edited:
I am a newbie to this and expecting my box tomorrow. I have been reading the thread and making notes about setting up. I have registered to access the idiots guide. Thanks in advance for all thequestions I might ask

I've got an Openbox V8s. Everything is working well. Set up using a cline.

Only thing is I am not getting the HD channels. I get them all in standard SD.

Am I missing something in the set-up or is it just the connection stopping me getting the HD channels?

Cheers.

I've got an Openbox V8s. Everything is working well. Set up using a cline.

Only thing is I am not getting the HD channels. I get them all in standard SD.

Am I missing something in the set-up or is it just the connection stopping me getting the HD channels?

Cheers.
You will only receive Bt sports HD and itv bbc etc. sky channels only come through in sd now

hello, ive had an openbox v8s for a while, I had to do a channel update, I did have all the channels the same numbers as the sly channel list, but now its 1 2 3 4 instead of 10 102 103, any ideas on how to get this back....... please......

Hi, just registered, some cracking advice on here, received my box today and will use the dummies guide, Ill let you know how I get on, thanks again for giving advice in a world where most just worry about themselves.

hello, ive had an openbox v8s for a while, I had to do a channel update, I did have all the channels the same numbers as the sly channel list, but now its 1 2 3 4 instead of 10 102 103, any ideas on how to get this back....... please......

Download and install latest CWaites channel list and all should be normal.
Reaper.

Any idea how to open attachments, is there anything I have to set up? I've made a couple of posts so shouldn't be that. Any help appreciated.

Cheers for the reply Reaper, when I click on the attachment a new window opens up with a "VBULLETIN MESSAGE,Invalid attachment specified, if you followed a vlaid link please contact the administrator"

Back