Setup a vu+ duo2 from scratch

So now flashed to openvix6.3 but still no connection again...

To start with we got this ...
IMG_20230119_204829_630.jpg
Went on again and now this ...
IMG_20230119_204832_342.jpg

So when we run a network test we get this...

IMG_20230119_204829_630.jpg
And it looks like everything is fine.

So then when we try to get the ip address to connect via telnet etc adapter settings says this...
IMG_20230119_204832_342.jpg

Checked router and that isn't showing any connected devices via lan either?

Is it still the case you can type http://vuduo2 in a web browser to connect to webif?

Reboot the device at the power supply.
Not sure why the time and date are incorrect but it's a few hours and nearly a week out
Rebooted device more than once, and we've spotted the time also. But can't find anywhere in vix to amend them? I assumed this was my issue as the router will be rejecting the device.

You could also try resetting the powerline adapters.
Done this as well mate

Have you tried a different network cable?
No but we had an old zgemma plugged in fine previous to this box coming today and they worked fine so in theory cables are working.

Yes reboot and make sure powerline are not used in extension cable
Yeah powerline adapters are definitely directly into the wall mate. And I mentioned above these have been working fine for the old zgemma.

Can't you plug the ethernet cable directly into the box and router to rule out the adapters?

Power off the router for 4-5 minutes then power on and wait til it's stopped flashing and farting, then power on the box and see if it connects

Or might it be a lan port issue and not flashing green and yellow.

Can you plug box into router and see if it connects then

Try putting DHCP TO OFF and reboot box and look at network port.

Or might it be a lan port issue and not flashing green and yellow.

Can you plug box into router and see if it connects then

Try putting DHCP TO OFF and reboot box and look at network port.
I would try flashing openatv just to see if problem on vix, if there then is problem on openatv then perhaps problem with Lan port .

His problem started while on Blackhole, so I doubt it is an image issue. Simplest test is to take the box nearer router and bypass the homeplugs. Or reconnect Zgemma and reuse exact same network hardware as being used on Vu+

Morning all, sorry only just had chance to get back to this.

So as suggested by a few of you on here we have moved the vu next to the router and gone direct... And hey presto it worked so the powerline adapters where the issue.

We then flashed willo no problem and internet was fine. Problem next to router is we don't have the satellite feeds. So we managed to get it on WiFi upstairs and all was good.

We then took the box downstairs plugged in sat feeds without any ethernet but when we boot back up we are just stuck on this...

IMG_20230121_104011_142~2.jpg
We have tried powering the box back off and on but still the same.

We have then tried reflashing willo over WiFi which appeared to work but it then never got past this same screen again?

Yes when cams dont run your left on the splash screen , i would imagine buttons work on remote and can see changes on screen.

If network is working you should be able to select a sat channel and picture displays ?

Morning all, sorry only just had chance to get back to this.

So as suggested by a few of you on here we have moved the vu next to the router and gone direct... And hey presto it worked so the powerline adapters where the issue.

We then flashed willo no problem and internet was fine. Problem next to router is we don't have the satellite feeds. So we managed to get it on WiFi upstairs and all was good.

We then took the box downstairs plugged in sat feeds without any ethernet but when we boot back up we are just stuck on this...

View attachment 87456
We have tried powering the box back off and on but still the same.

We have then tried reflashing willo over WiFi which appeared to work but it then never got past this same screen again?
No button are responsive ?

Like menu button ?

Set up the box with a hard wired network connection. Don't worry about the satellite wires for now , you can connect those later. @Willo3092 can put me straight if his customisation process requires the satellite wires.

Just out of curiosity, does the wi-fi device work out of the box or did you have to install drivers?

Back