SF8008 box locked up and stuck on boot screen will not load

Roxy2008

Hi all,

hope someone can help me out my SF8008 box locked up last night so i turned the box off at power switch on rear of box. When I turned the box back on it started to boot up but gets stuck at boot screen and will not go any further see below pictures.

is there any way to reset the box or restore it?

any help will be greatly appreciated

IMG_2484.jpgIMG_2485.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Hi, thanks for reply.

I tried reflashing box following guide on world-of-satellite site and using their latest openvix 5.402 - zip files openvix-5.4.002.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc and openvix-5.4.002.release-sf8008_mmc but getting the following error messages.........

ideas what i am doing wrong????

IMG_2495.jpgIMG_2496.jpgIMG_2497.jpg

sorry what do you mean full zip file?

these were what i got fror world of sattilite vix forum, what i am missing and were do i get full set of files?
You said you unzipped them, don't unzip and just send the zip file to USB that's how image manager works for flashing my uno4k but it's not multiboot

thanks for messaging me back.

I have just tried that still getting the same error message,

see photo of zip files just copied directly onto usb stick, is this what you meant?

guessing i am missing some step out or something
IMG_2500.jpg

I would be able to connect to box using Putty but since my box will not boot up I am unsure what the IP address is for the box, is there away to find out the box IP address just normally i would look in the box menu but cant do this as box will not go past the boot screen?

Box ip will be in the router log

Issue an "init 4" command to stop it bootlooping. You must have a storage device connected for that to work

Hi Guys,

Sorry for late reply, need to VM to reset password on hub 3 router so I could find box IP address.
I have found IP address of box and used Putty to tried to connect to box but just keep getting network connection error / connection timed out?

sorry newbie to this stuff so apologies if i am coming a cross thick

I tried connecting when box was displaying to boot on this display and when box was in update menu but both just timed out

any ideas, your help and assistance is greatly appreciated

kind regard

Hi Guys,

Sorry for late reply, need to VM to reset password on hub 3 router so I could find box IP address.
I have found IP address of box and used Putty to tried to connect to box but just keep getting network connection error / connection timed out?

sorry newbie to this stuff so apologies if i am coming a cross thick

I tried connecting when box was displaying to boot on this display and when box was in update menu but both just timed out

any ideas, your help and assistance is greatly appreciated

kind regard
Sorry All, I gave you duff info, box is not showing up on VM router even though it is plugged in with a network cable.

Any ideas or is the box just bust?

sorry what do you mean by post 10?

any guides to follow would be great as i am newbie to this stuff?
Thanks for your reply, thats the guide ive been trying to follow but zip files I downloaded from world of satellite does not have an usb updater file in the zip file named "openvix-5.4.002.release-sf8008_mmc" but there zip file called "openvix-5.4.002.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc" as the usb updater file so ive put both on the usb stick but just get the error messages that i have shown in my above posts.

am I missing some files or should i be getting files from some other website?

I am having a nightmare with this box, help its starting to drive me mad lol

you do not put both files onto usb read the guide you will probably need to use openvix-5.4.002.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc image first once up and running then you flash with the openvix-5.4.002.release-sf8008_mmc

you unpack files to usb only one set on usb at a time first one recovery files.

Back