SF8008 box locked up and stuck on boot screen will not load

Hi,
Thanks for message but just tried that still getting the same error messages, any ideas?????
try another usb thumbdrive or try formatting again as fat32 and unpack the openvix-5.4.002.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc to usb and try flash recovery from boot menu

want me to teamviewer in and take a look roxy

Might be the same issue as this thread mate. I think they're very similar images and same recovery system. There is a problem with the latest ViX and ATV images.
You may need to network flash OpenHDF from the recovery menu to get it to boot and then flash an older ViX or ATV image.

Might be the same issue as this thread mate. I think they're very similar images and same recovery system. There is a problem with the latest ViX and ATV images.
You may need to network flash OpenHDF from the recovery menu to get it to boot and then flash an older ViX or ATV image.
Not read up on it to be honest willo. Just setting up the new Xtrend in my man CAVE :ROFLMAO:

There are two files, one ending in _emmc.zip which is called the recovery file and another ending in _mmc.zip, the image file.
First format your usb stick as fat 32.
Then extract the contents of the _emmc.zip file to the usb stick (5 files) and install it as usual. This will delete any other images whioch you may have previously installed.
When ready, you have two options.
Either goto Network Multiboot Image upgrade and select and install any image of your choice from the several avilable,
or format again your usb stick and send the _mmc.zip file (uncompressed as it is) to the usb stick.
Install image as usual.

@Roxy2008

Download https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/sf8008/openvix-5.4.001.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc.zip and extract all to usb and flash by the recovery menu.
It worked for my GB Trio
Thanks for files just tried it now and still getting the same error message "no _usb_update.bin" file found despite one being on usb stick?

any ideas should i try an older version or something, box is doing my head in, just originally froze so rebooted box but left with this situation......

I flashed OpenHDF from the network update section of the recovery menu on my Trio. Neither ViX or ATV were booting.
At least if you flash another image to get it to boot up you can then flash an older version of ViX or ATV online.

I flashed OpenHDF from the network update section of the recovery menu on my Trio. Neither ViX or ATV were booting.
At least if you flash another image to get it to boot up you can then flash an older version of ViX or ATV online.
When I try the network image update i get an error message "no image found from internet"

Ive just tried "openvix-5.3.037.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc" older file but getting same error message.

Is there somewhere i can download the OpenHDF files from?

Back