Should politics meddle with religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now there is no rule against discussing politics and relegion. However, both of these subjects have a tendancy to go bad as discussions get heated. Let's continue on the path of being a friendly mature forum and keep the posts civil or this thread will be closed. :)

the church messes with politics all the time in ireland i dont agree with either

well said ferguj

Last edited:
As of right now there is no rule against discussing politics and relegion. However, both of these subjects have a tendancy to go bad as discussions get heated. Let's continue on the path of being a friendly mature forum and keep the posts civil or this thread will be closed. :)

hi ferguj1
it was posted to see what the fellow techkings thought,and to try and engage in a mature discussion,they are 2 subjects which are very previlent in any society,but there ya go,i might just stick to the football,no danger of it getting heated there

Evening sinno :)
I`ve been on forums where religion & politics were brought up & you would`nt believe the stuff that was said and things got heated. People who were friends fell out & the mods had no choice to shut the thread(s) down.

I understand what you`re saying about a mature discussion, but unfortunatley it does`nt work that way.

Everyone has their own beliefs when it comes to religion and politics and thats why I personally dont agree about it being discussed on forums.

I`m sure ferg feels the same mate :)

Leaving religon out of the question completely.
I can't help feeling this is a lot like those proposed bans on hoodies in shopping centres, in that it seems to appear whenever there's a lull in real news. It's like gold dust for the media, all they have to do is dust off a few old file films, interview the usual suspects and it's time for the next ad break.

I believe that it is the general consensus here that this thread will serve no benefit to the forum. The original post poses an interesting question and could serve as a catalyst for a very good debate, however these discussions are probably best left elsewhere. Therefore, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back