should some suppliers just be honest?

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
should some suppliers just be honest even if means upsetting a potentail customer. The football season is going to start again soon and with out doubt sly will be upto there tricks. Should suppliers just be open and say from now on you will need a VPN to use our service as not one supplier can gaurntee that the streams won't get blocked unless a VPN is used. before signing them up should they also see a speed test with VPN switched on so make sure they have the correct speeds. I think this may save them a awful lot of hassale in the future as when signing up for a sub not once have i been asked about my internet speed.

should some suppliers just be honest even if means upsetting a potentail customer. The football season is going to start again soon and with out doubt sly will be upto there tricks. Should suppliers just be open and say from now on you will need a VPN to use our service as not one supplier can gaurntee that the streams won't get blocked unless a VPN is used. before signing them up should they also see a speed test with VPN switched on so make sure they have the correct speeds. I think this may save them a awful lot of hassale in the future as when signing up for a sub not once have i been asked about my internet speed.
I agree to some extent my provider always asks what speeds you get or whether on fibre or standard so can advise the best way round for example some one who only gets around 8mbps he will state you will be fine with sd but may struggle with he/fhd.
Why should providers ask about speeds when your speeds can be up and down consistently at peak times plus how would they know if your not just chatting shite or not.
As for this old chestnut with vpns a lot of providers don’t like the use of vpn as it’s what spies use (fact) as for blocks it’s easy for a work round without making people use a vpn if you know what your doing and then it refers back to if your isp can handle a vpn or not

I know of providers who only take on customers who have a vpn and know how to use it, and one provider I use includes a vpn with one or two of his apps for anyone who hasn't got one to use.

I think the first time I needed a vpn was September 2017, it seems crazy that nearly 4 years later people haven't accepted they're just part of streaming.

I use VPN for my own protection, stopping ISP blocks is just a bonus the way i see things.

Really surprised anyone streaming from illegal sources is not behind a VPN regardless of it been needed or not.
True bud some don’t like to use them I don’t like to use one and won’t use one unless I really had to use one as don’t download torrents you could say same for those that’s never paid for a tv license pmsl

I agree to some extent my provider always asks what speeds you get or whether on fibre or standard so can advise the best way round for example some one who only gets around 8mbps he will state you will be fine with sd but may struggle with he/fhd.
Why should providers ask about speeds when your speeds can be up and down consistently at peak times plus how would they know if your not just chatting shite or not.
As for this old chestnut with vpns a lot of providers don’t like the use of vpn as it’s what spies use (fact) as for blocks it’s easy for a work round without making people use a vpn if you know what your doing and then it refers back to if your isp can handle a vpn or not
I agree with some of what you say. however, your supplier can't gaurntee your football streams even with his work arounds, that can only be done with a VPN. As for people who just can't get a consistant speed they will just have to go without however, i think most people should be able to get at least 20 meg with a VPN.

I agree with some of what you say. however, your supplier can't gaurntee your football streams even with his work arounds, that can only be done with a VPN. As for people who just can't get a consistant speed they will just have to go without however, i think most people should be able to get at least 20 meg with a VPN.
Yeah most defiantly bud but in some areas all they can get is standard bb which would be no good and most people don’t even understand 4g never mind trying to hotspot to devices.
They can’t be no guarantee with football but that’s what match of day is for and match of day 2 😂😂

Yeah most defiantly bud but in some areas all they can get is standard bb which would be no good and most people don’t even understand 4g never mind trying to hotspot to devices.
They can’t be no guarantee with football but that’s what match of day is for and match of day 2 😂😂

I would of thought its just saves all the nonsense. one less thing for the supplier to worry about.

Some servers are fine with no blocks and no VPN needed.

While others do need VPN especially when footy blocks come into play. Dont mean that provider is crap or anything.

But people generally need to understand and get to grips to use VPNs. Not too difficult after experimenting with the different settings etc.

VPNs don't cost much these days, how many people log into free WiFi hotspots when out and about. Anybody can intercept data, if they know what they are doing. Probably same people who say no VPNs, on the requests.

I would say a VPN is a useful security measure, for your own personal data.

Some servers are fine with no blocks and no VPN needed.

While others do need VPN especially when footy blocks come into play. Dont mean that provider is crap or anything.

But people generally need to understand and get to grips to use VPNs. Not too difficult after experimenting with the different settings etc.
Some servers are fine without a VPN for now. however, if you dont use one you are also at risk of ISP throttleing your speeds when the football is on. Vodafone are excellent at this.

Some servers are fine without a VPN for now. however, if you dont use one you are also at risk of ISP throttleing your speeds when the football is on. Vodafone are excellent at this.

When I was with Sky my speeds would drop to an unusable speed regularly during the Sunday 4pm EPL match even with a vpn - I suspect they'd identified me as an illegal streamer by tracking end user traffic at times I didn't need/use a vpn to bypass blocks. Now I have every device used to stream iptv set with the vpn to automatically connect, changed ISP too and I get no trouble.

It's worse for some IPTV providers now as the panels they use to provide the service are built using freely available code found online (following the collapse of the original Xtream Codes panels), there are genuinely some providers out there that have bespoke set ups that get around the need for using VPN.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been around on here a while,, had quite a few different suppliers, all have promised to be the one but i've only had one who did what he said and i never had a singe issue with, then i got the email saying i'm not doing it any more soz, i've got good sly, nvidia box, ethernet etc etc but at the end they all end up shit in one way or another, resellers pretending it's their own private server, i always pay up, never give them problems, . Came to the conclusion a while back, if you want to watch football. ppv boxing etc, you've just got to live with it's limitations

I've been around on here a while,, had quite a few different suppliers, all have promised to be the one but i've only had one who did what he said and i never had a singe issue with, then i got the email saying i'm not doing it any more soz, i've got good sly, nvidia box, ethernet etc etc but at the end they all end up shit in one way or another, resellers pretending it's their own private server, i always pay up, never give them problems, . Came to the conclusion a while back, if you want to watch football. ppv boxing etc, you've just got to live with it's limitations
The trouble is mate. The good suppliers will not answer you in the request section. They simply don't need to bother.

Nothing actually wrong with resellers as long as they are selling a good service.

Back