sky dish

jon48

hi all my mate has a fixed sky dish 2 infact and a sky hd box he is wanting to know can he c/share on the box and use his 2 dishes 1 for the bedroom and 1 for the lounge

Yes he can use his box for c/s.

He only needs one dish as the LNB (plastic bit at the end of the arm) usually allows
four connections to it.

Is this a skybox F3, F5 type you are talking about ?
or an official skybox you want to share the card to other boxes ?
or are you just trying to get a feed up to the bedroom off one box ?

Give us some more info on what you are trying to do and we can give you a few more pointers

ok bees will ask him tomorrow i will only see him tomorrow i will get nsck to u can i get u on here or pm cheers jon

he is trying to set is skybox up for the first time he is a newbee he doesnt want to fork out for a box or a sat dish he already has them i think he is trying to sub to a c/share and transfer the signal upstairs i think

he is trying to set is skybox up for the first time he is a newbee he doesnt want to fork out for a box

He can't use an official box to receive c/s, he will need another type such as F3, F5 etc.
He can only use an official box to view his sky package and then share his card with others.

First have a read here
post 10 explains how to enter a line.

There is also a video here

Then post a request for a server here

Once he has got one running, the second is easy. Post back when you have the first one running

Tell him to choose a server who advertises "multiroom"
so he can use the same line if he wants a box in the bedroom, but there are also other options to get the feed up there.

Last edited:
Back