Sky+ no signal

It's possible the other two satellite cables are
Not connected to your satellite dish but where
Used as r.f links

Do you have an attic in your house where other things lurk as we wonder where 2 cables are going.
You did say non connected are now working on downstairs room when refiited back on quad

Ahh missed that post,photo of boxes in attic might help?

Post 15 shows 2 white cables dangling for what?

Last edited:
Do you have an attic in your house where other things lurk as we wonder where 2 cables are going.
You did say non connected are now working on downstairs room when refiited back on quad

Ahh missed that post,photo of boxes in attic might help?

Post 15 shows 2 white cables dangling for what?
They’re just spare cables

The bottom box is a 12volt masthead amplifer for your Areil The top box could be a distribution amplifer powering the masthead
Amplifier With various cables to T.v points

The attic cables have never been touched. It’s only what was done with sky engineer we thought it would be a simple case of replacing the lnb. The freeview used to work in kitchen via antenna but won’t find any channels now. We wondered if the living room sockets were maybe a main connection for the whole house. I think we’re going to have to call out an engineer to check everything. We cancelled sky as it was far too expensive getting. Didn’t realise we’d have all this hassle just trying to get free view

The type of connection does not determine what signal is being transmitted. Don't assume that and f-connector is satellite and a belling-lee connector is terrestrial.

You need to start tracing and labelling your cables and drawing a diagram so you can make sense of it. In your loft, you have a distribution system. I presume the power supply for the amplifier/distibution unit was in sitting room. Just to repeat,
PSU in sitting room.
Amplifier/distribution in loft.

When the Sky Q was disconnected, you also disconnected the power supply for aerial distribution by accident. Im guessing, I could be wrong.

One of your pictures in the loft also shows a shotgun cable, which I presume is used for satellite. Follow the shotgun cable in the loft, where does it end up? Be careful not to step on something you don't want to.

You could temporary connected the cable
Going to your bedroom to one off the satellite
Cables with a barrel connector Then use U.H.F
Connector to f connector cable out of your wall plate to your satellite reciever

Query looking at rear view image of a sky q box there is no rf,might that have been used with a previous sky + hd box? long ago.
Wonder what type of cables are on faceplate in bedroom behind it.

The description is very hard to follow especially with the jumbled up way things are mentioned. can we clarify?

living room sky and freeview (this has 4 connection points as per your picture)
bedroom1 for freeview and sky (how many connections does this have?)
bedroom2 for freeview and sky (how many connections does this have?)
bedroom3 were to be freeview (how many connections does this have?)
bedroom4 were to be freeview (how many connections does this have?)
bedroom5 were to be freeview (how many connections does this have?)
kitchen freeview only (how many connections does this have?)

If the above is correct intepretation, did you have satellite receivers in bedroom 1, bedroom 2 as well as living room? Total of three receivers? I am asking about having receivers, not asking if you were able to watch satellite. Big difference in the two.

Back