sky q looks worse than my iptv?

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Just gone with sky they had a good offer on. Got there sky q package. Picture looks absolute crap. Loads better on my iptv providers channels. Even got the hd and uhd channels. And not one looks better than my iptv channels? Whys this?

Got the video settings on 2160p and tried 1080p. No different. It's like sd quality on most channels?

Sounds better on the sky box that's it really. But not massively ?

LG nano cell 70inch only bought last month. Looks mint on my fire stick in uhd.

It's not even seeing the sky box as in hdr

It's a 4k uhd tv. Latest model. When I use 4k Netflix and 4k programs it says hdr mode on 4k fire stick.

On sky q box it dont

There all the same I've checked that. Downloaded David Attenborough and that looks good in 4k. But it's funny it glitches a lot. It's fully downloaded from 5am this morning. Went to play it and it glitches a lot

But most hd channels still look way better on iptv. It's madness. I'm using the sky q hdmi cable. Might try another.

@userlee5267 it isn't a samsung tv by any chance? My old man has one and it's an absolute pile of ×××× I have an LG and the picture quality is far superior.

If it is then go into settings and turn off motion blur, that will stop your glitching

Thats a strange one, mine auto turns hdr on,

Have you turned your HDR picture mode on mate?

Have it on high also

I'll attach a pic for you see if it helps

Mine always auto switches to hdr if it's available. Never used hdr mode as mentioned above. Will look but never used it. It just switches usually.

Does on ps5 and fire stick 4k. Never had to play around

Long time since I had sky, but over the years and many different sources i have always found an external video processor with the box outputting source resolution and frame rate gave best picture quality. But worse than iptv that doesnt sound good but if you can set sky q to match source resolution and let the tv do the scaling it might help

Back