Sky Sports - 4k firestick problem

casbah

Hi everybody, looking for some advice please. When watching football on sky sports, it appears a bit "jumpy" every ten seconds or so. All other channels showing football are fine, it's only on sky sports. It's not buffering, as the sound is fine and the speeds are good. I've used different apps, like the stb emu, xciptv etc, tried different providers, different video players and used it on different tvs but still the same problem. When I watch football on my mag box, there is no problem at all with it. The providers all say there is no problem so I'm at a loss as to what else I can do to solve this. Any suggestions would be greatly received. Thanks!

Hi everybody, looking for some advice please. When watching football on sky sports, it appears a bit "jumpy" every ten seconds or so. All other channels showing football are fine, it's only on sky sports. It's not buffering, as the sound is fine and the speeds are good. I've used different apps, like the stb emu, xciptv etc, tried different providers, different video players and used it on different tvs but still the same problem. When I watch football on my mag box, there is no problem at all with it. The providers all say there is no problem so I'm at a loss as to what else I can do to solve this. Any suggestions would be greatly received. Thanks!
Are you using an old generation 2 stick

Often use the firestick as away a lot and can't use the mag box. Mag box works fine for me when at home, it's when I have to use the firestick I have issues.

Bare in mind the mag is a dedicated iptv box the firestick isn't buy an ethanet adaptor and get it on ethanet reset your router run tests on your firestick for speeds

Bare in mind the mag is a dedicated iptv box the firestick isn't buy an ethanet adaptor and get it on ethanet reset your router run tests on your firestick for speeds
depending on you isp connection you can get faster speeds via wifi on 4k firestick than ethernet but wifi may not be as reliable

Then watch it on your Mag Box, then there is no issues!

I agree with @urie I have found that I get faster speeds connecting a Firestick with wifi than I do with an ethernet adapter conected! Why I just do not know!!!!

I agree with @urie I have found that I get faster speeds connecting a Firestick with wifi than I do with an ethernet adapter conected! Why I just do not know!!!!
Ethernet adapter with fire stick annd cube caps speed to 100mb cant get over that.

With Wifi what ever your connection speed is your likely to get close to that.

Simple answer watch the football on your magbox
Then watch it on your Mag Box, then there is no issues!
Yes there are issues.
The question was about a 4K firestick.
Telling him to use his alternative device is a waste of time.
Your mechanic doesn't look at your knackered car and advise you to use the bus to achieve the same outcome

Yes people go on about dedicated boxes the mag box is the only dedicated IPTV box.

Back