Skybox as100 review

Kindly let us know if the new firmware has been released. If possible the download link and the guide too. Newbie here.. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone dump their Sat side firmware *.ABS file and post to the site? My sat side got trashed simply by uploading a channel list and now i'm left with a below average android box and no Satellite tuner.

I have the android side firmware but i cant post the link yet as i don't have 5 posts, i guess you can PM me if you need it and i can give it that way.

Can someone dump their Sat side firmware *.ABS file and post to the site? My sat side got trashed simply by uploading a channel list and now i'm left with a below average android box and no Satellite tuner.

I have the android side firmware but i cant post the link yet as i don't have 5 posts, i guess you can PM me if you need it and i can give it that way.

Hi, Friend in need!

Just dumped the ABS file from the AS100 that I'm struggling with - will try and upload it to the Firmware section.

Hi, Friend in need!

Just dumped the ABS file from the AS100 that I'm struggling with - will try and upload it to the Firmware section.

Hi, I've no idea what the max upload size is on this forum, i've not been able to upload to it yet. Any chance you could share it on dropbox or similar? Thanks in advance

No worries but ODD - I could NOT get an internet connection to the Sat side even using a wifi hotspot, as detailed???

I do have a upgrade for the Android too, as of two days ago but its 500Mb and I dare not trust it.

Hello mate i have the same problem have you fund a solution. help please i have buy this box and its comming with this freze android anyhelp
any one can please given a link to new firmware

SKYBOX AS100 REVIEW

It is although a F5s box and a low spec android box has been to make this kit. The screens arent all that different to an F5s, the only difference is I was hoping for a better EPG in line with some of the linx recievers providing a easy screen to use, this failed to live up to expectations as the box had poor epg (same as f5s) XMLTV. the only difference was I could set timers on the 7 day epg which the slybox f5s couldnt do, no doubt a bit of firmware would solve this if they developed it, I assume they will as it will be mstly a case of copy and paste form the codeing of the as100.

The Andorid features crashed on the third time boot, and the box only loaded live tv, andorid was frozen in bottom right hand corner, just saying "ANDROID" and flashing, from this point on the Android features seemed to permanently crashed, it wasnt possible to use android again, I have contacted the factory manufacuturers for the Firmware files so that this box can be rescued via RS232 flashing to restore Andorid if this is even possible??? Time will tell the support on this product is low on the web as its brand new product, there isnt much helpful info at all on skybox.cc and no contact email addresses.

Last edited:
I've posted Firmware 2.1.2.6 here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/79o17mjhy52958w/AABjnd718bIMZmjao93EvT2ua?dl=0

To flash -
1) Copy MstarUpgrade.bin to USB and insert into "A" side ISB port.
2) Powered off, hold down the button underneath.
3) Power up the box, don't release the button until 90 is displayed on the LCD
4) Wait patiently, it may look like nothing is happening but in about 5 minutes it will reboot into a status screen
5) exit out of the status screen and your Android will be alive again.
There are recommendations to do factory reset after this process but when i have done this i found lots of the text goes into Chinese and it doesn't revert to English.

Having done all that - its still a rubbish box on the Android side, i haven't got XBMC to work yet.

XBMC Gotham 13.2 - Installs ok but doesn't play anything
XBMC Frodo - Installs but crashes before I've had a chance to even try playing anything
XBMC XAF - Installs but again crashed before i could play anything

Last hope it Kodi but i don't hold out any hope with that. What they all have in common is that when XMBC freezes it corrupts Android and you need to ref lash again.

Waste of time and money - another one for the spare room

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 PM ----------

No worries but ODD - I could NOT get an internet connection to the Sat side even using a wifi hotspot, as detailed???

I do have a upgrade for the Android too, as of two days ago but its 500Mb and I dare not trust it.

I only ever tried to run the SAT side on the LAN, that works ok. Android side is a waste of time from what i can see so to me its just another SAT box, if you want to try out firmware 2.1.2.6 i've posted it on this thread, it loads ok but is still pretty lame.

Hello everybody i have flash my skybox and android start up, rescue my box
but i have many problem with this box i can not install from playstore, must instaled from usb apk
and im sat side i can not connect to wifi
factory reset no result

for xbmc i use spmc work super just little bug with full hd film,
720p and divx or mkv work 100%

for me works with 2.1.2.6 and spmc but i contact the manufactory to have the last firmware for this box, maybe 2.1.2.9??? and i put from a new firmware for the sat side ihave many freeze must flash with upgrade tool rs 232
, no answer
this box ist shit have no support from skybox.cc and in internet is no support for this one
Better sale other box, skybox is definitif a box for Advanced user

Last edited:
I have one of these which until yesterday was working fine. I've got XBMC working great, and had it set up using Wireless for android and Ethernet for Sat.

But now when I switch the box on the HDMI is not recognised?! So I have no picture on the screen. I've tried diferent leads and diferent TV's but there is no signal from the HDMI port.

I have tried reflashing the sat side but that didnt work.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Back