Skybox f3 set up guide tutorial

Hey Guys.

Before I start asking silly questions, can you tell me if this is the place for silly questions? I just found this board tonight, and thinking about getting a F5 - but some stuff I read here makes it all sound straight forward, and other stuff is very jargonistic - So (and point me in the right direction if this is not the place to be ) but first, simplest question - is there any kind of subscription for this? My pal has a starview and he pay some guy £10 a year or something. Secondly - is it is really just a plug in and go type of thing, or is there more to it? I mean, what is a LAN tool? Any help, adivce, and guidance is greatly appreciated.

hi
i have purchased subscription with only three digit port number. f3 would not let me save the settings without port number being five digit number with first number greater than 0. how do i set it up manually to accept three digit port number?thanks

Hi All;

I am new user on this site and reading all useful tips for setting sky f3 box. I just bought skyhd f3 box. I want to see all channels like sky sports, ESPn etc. Please help me how this can be possible. If possible please tel me step by step. Like as i read need special line. or magic file? what are these files? and how to install on box? Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys I am new here. Been away from this for a while, well since I used my cable ITgate box 5/6 years ago and the days of Wizardmods. So please bear with me and my ignorance.

sb, I am leaning towards getting the F3 as opposed to the F5. Am I right on this? Or do I go for a DB 800?

If so there are a few for sale with 12 month gift on Amazon but for basically twice the price of the standard box. Whilst I don't mind paying the extra do you think it's worth it if not is there a dummies guide? Just assume I know nothing in your response. Cheers mate.

And hello all!

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide. Got mine up and running in no time.
A mate wants me to set one of this boxes up for him, buy server line etc, if I get it all set up and working in my house will he be able to just plug it in in his house and it should work? The server line is not restricted to the I.p. address it was purchased/set up from?

You are best posting a new thread so this one doesn't go off topic,
but basically the way it works is one line, one ip.

(Some servers let you run two boxes from the same line on the same ip, like multiroom)

But yes you can do that, as long as you buy another line, set it all up, from the same server if you like, put the line on his box, then run it at his ip,
thats ok too. You will just have to do the line renewal / extension on your computer for him.

Last edited:
You are best posting a new thread so this one doesn't go off topic,
but basically the way it works is one line, one ip.

(Some servers let you run two boxes from the same line on the same ip, like multiroom)

But yes you can do that, as long as you buy another line, set it all up, from the same server if you like, put the line on his box, then run it at his ip,
thats ok too. You will just have to do the line renewal / extension on your computer for him.

thanks (y)

Getting a box at the end of the month and this guide seems pretty straight forward cheers. Think I am going to go for the F3 seems to be better thought of than the F5 is that right?

This is a great thread, thank you to all the contributors, this has been very helpful.

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 AM ----------

hi all
newbie here can anyone tell me the ezzist way to format my usb to fat32 ....big thanks

If you're using Windows:
1- plug in your USB memory stick to your PC or laptop
2- Right click on the letter drive assigned to your USB stick
3- Select Format
4 - Select the File System drop down menu and click FAT32
5- Make sure Quick Format is ticked and Click Start (at the bottom)

Just got myself one of these, real handy guide, a shame the quality of the picture aren't too good, but nice basic guide nonetheless

skybox f5 cccam

Hi there I got skybox f5 hd pvr its not saving cccam configuration either by manually, usb or with lanetool can any body help me in this problem thanks in advance
Azhar

Back