Skybox f3 set up guide tutorial

Thats great guide. Seems easy enough, I have a F3 box at the minute that I bought already pre configured but I want to do it myself so I have ordered an F5 to play about with. Seems straight forward enough

Hi people.

im totally brand new to this. I've just received my skybox f3. I can't understand how it works and why I didn't know about it before now! I have used appletv for a little while now because that is great for the football etc... The bloke I bought the box from says that he can renew the "12month free gift" for £50 per year. Is this reasonable?? Also, can someone explain how it works coz it's got me baffled, and I would love to get on it!

Hi i recently bought a skybox f3 from a friend of a friend with all channels already up and running and he is wanting £50 a year from me. however after looking in to this, i believe i may be able to nuy my own f3 box and load a channel list myself from a download off here. Would it be reasonably simple for me to do if i bought a box off amazon??? do the boxes come with no channels on them and i have to download the list off here then load them on to the box myself?? I am a total novice with these boxes but have a little computer knowledge. Please help!!!

Yes it's easy to do

Some come with a pre loaded channel list, others don't.
You will have to update the list at some point anyway so it doesn't really matter in the long run

You need to add a line (sub) to the box to make it work properly.

The important thing is to find a good steady one or you will get a glitchy picture,
this is why your mate wants £50 per year.

I pay more to be honest, but don't cheap out too much as glitching will drive you nuts.
Especially if you have payed for twelve months worth of glitching lol

I just top mine up every three months

see post 10 in this thread.

When you get your box post a request here

Thanks for that. But need help to set up the box.

---------- Post Merged at 07:29 PM ----------

Need help with the sea lines. I thought I could get it free, but I realised its not.

Bees.. HD is the very good indeed... For anyone with a dish... This box is cheap.(F5s are the ones bees just help me set up...Still have no idea who FAT 32 is but copy and pasted onto usb and channels went from 500+ to 900+..(loads of box office..like my kv and 1000's of ITV anglia...haha..!!) and setanta ireland... result..ps eileen i certainly would recommend the F5s etc... it is actually easier than the kv to do..( well when i say easier what i actually mean is my first 1 was a bloody nightmare as i was using underscore instead of dash in my user name and then my nephew the little bugger gave me a non working ethernet lead..his saving grace was his mother..my older sister.. she split my ear open when we were kids so still scared of her now..!! Trusted bees with my login details and he got it to work at his end (not all of us are robbing gits and you have to look out for fellow users and trust one another) and then i tried again and now about to do box number 3... pps still the "dark side" ... Ted(kv)

---------- Post Merged at 02:22 PM ----------

Santor you will need to "buy a line" (nothing in life is free even illegally..haha.. except a KV for cable users..buy your box and no subs..up the A780) and along with the channel list via usb you will have a working box...There are lots of threads in here from..where to buy a box to where to get a line..!! Have a read first and have a go.. trust me you will surprise yourself..Then when or if your stuck post back with as much info and someone will help you out i am useless on a computer copying and pasting..give me a null modem cable all day long..!!

anybody help on how to add to satellite list. ive got 28.2 east only on my sat list after latest aj list. i need to add 13 east but can not find ant info anywere. also when i do i add 13 east is there a way to stop the next channel update removing it.
thanks.

anybody help on how to add to satellite list. ive got 28.2 east only on my sat list after latest aj list. i need to add 13 east but can not find ant info anywere. also when i do i add 13 east is there a way to stop the next channel update removing it.
thanks.

What about doing a multi satsearch??

You need the sat info in the list 1st. Then you tick the ones before you do multisearch.
I think I need to add it manually but I want to be sure I'm doing right before I put up 2nd dish as I use a sat finder.

You need the sat info in the list 1st. Then you tick the ones before you do multisearch.
I think I need to add it manually but I want to be sure I'm doing right before I put up 2nd dish as I use a sat finder.

AJ's latest list definately has 13e in the sat list.

...but if you want to add your own, it's easy enough to do. Go to Installation > satellite list. Press green button to enter name & Longitude. Set antenna setup to Universal (9750-10600).

Last edited:
I don't no what's going on with mine. I did have all the sats in the list before update. How do you now have you removed the sats from your list then done the update. I'm on the November update.

All working did the update again. Cheers.
Strange thing the fave list came up the the names entertainment etc from the file and replaced mine. This has never happend before. So I tried it on another box and no change.

Last edited:
Hi guys, 1st time poster. Im just waiting on my F5s to arrive so all this is new to me, havet done anything like this since the old starview 3 days, Some really helpful things on here but I maybe calling for your help soon if thats ok. Cheers!

Back