Skybox f5 stuck on LOAD?

John Mann

My skybox is stuck on 'Load' it does not display a picture either, this happened after i tried to update the channel listing via usb, i reset the box then it did not come back on again. I've updated channel listings before so i have no idea how this has happened. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it and what i need to fix it?, thanks

I thought that i'd have to re-flash the box but i have already tried and it does not appear to be working. Idk if i have the right null modem cable or if its full 'handshaking' or whatever that means, this is the cable i tried to flash it with RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable DB9 Female to DB9F RS 232 Ideal for Box Flashing | eBay

and it didn't seem to work at all i got a message saying 'stp memory error' when i switch the box on and off during the flashing process it does come up as 'done' but a few seconds later gives me the stp memory error.

Last edited:
hi kremmen, is it right that you can flash using USB or???

---------- Post Merged at 08:00 PM ----------

can anyone confirm or deny this?? UFC is on soon i am desperate :beg:

You can flash the firmware by usb if the F5 has not been bricked i.e it is not stuck on loading, if it is bricked then you will have to use rs232 null modem cable method.

Cheers old bud, I'm gonna try the 232 thing, waiting for my lead to come, had to get USB to 232 aswell, ain't got a Tower will this work?

Cheers old bud, I'm gonna try the 232 thing, waiting for my lead to come, had to get USB to 232 aswell, ain't got a Tower will this work?

I haven't tried a USB to serial adapter myself, but from reading the posts on here, a lot of members seem to have trouble with them. You may be lucky though!

I gotta be honest, I've only had my box 3 weeks and it freezes, scrambles and now gone off altogether, I'm already thinking of jus goin back to sky HD an payin for it, it's less frustration, I am goin thru wifi tho, is this why??

I gotta be honest, I've only had my box 3 weeks and it freezes, scrambles and now gone off altogether, I'm already thinking of jus goin back to sky HD an payin for it, it's less frustration, I am goin thru wifi tho, is this why??

There are quite a few on here having connection problems using wifi. Either a hard wired ethernet connection, or homeplugs will be more reliable.

My sky f3 box is stuck on load and i will like to flash it i have the cable ready but do not know how to get the software to flash it with can someone please help me with this as i am without TV
will be waiting thanks for any help

My sky f3 box is stuck on load and i will like to flash it i have the cable ready but do not know how to get the software to flash it with can someone please help me with this as i am without TV
will be waiting thanks for any help

Have a look here to re flash ur box http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-...lash-using-serial-rs232-null-modem-cable.html

have a look here as well Skybox - Downloads - TechKings

Or
HTML:
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=skybox+f3+firmware

I have the same problem with my F5 where it stuck om loading till 97% after reflashed witht he firmware

It's not firmware problem, try removing satellite cable and see if it boots up if it does check the cable is not shorting out with f connector or frayed along the cable length, if it doesn't then try changing the power supply unit see if that fixes it.

I have had issues with a Skybox F5s today - First it wouldn't accept firmware via USB from skybox.cc (box is not a clone). Managed to find a f/w and get it going in the end which came with a channel list. Updated CLINE and softkeys and everything was working fine.

Powered off the box for a few hours.. come to use it again and now it doesn't load for some reason... goes all the way through seemingly and sits at 0001. If I press menu, I get ---- on the front and not getting any output to the TV.

Think I best find my RS232 cable out!

Back