Skybox f5 stuck on LOAD?

I have just ordered a prolific rs232 to USB.

Dont make the mistake I made. The cable came with a male connector and the connector on the box is also male.

I have had to order a gender changer,

Waiting for that and then will try to reflash.

Will keep you posted.

The reason that the connector is male is because it's designed to mimic the connector you would find on a pc with a built in RS232 serial port. It's not supposed to connect straight to your skybox/openbox.

You also need a null modem cable like this one NULL MODEM CONNECTOR CONNECTION CABLE 9 PIN 1.8 METER FEMALE TO FEMALE | eBay .

Using a gender changer will not work, as the null modem cable is needed to cross over pins 2 & 3.

Openbox F5s stuck on "LoAd

Just new here, and not very "techy", but need help with an Openbox F5s stuck on "LoAd".

I look forward to any assistance from anyone who can help. Thanks in anticipation!

---------- Post Merged at 04:28 PM ----------

Just new here, and not very "techy", but need help with an Openbox F5s stuck on "LoAd".

I look forward to any assistance from anyone who can help. Thanks in anticipation!

Try these--used today for same problem.
Reaper.

Attachments

• SKYBOX F5S_140326.abs
    4 MB · Views: 41
  • erom_upgrade_8Mflash.rar
    220.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I recently had some issues with loading (the dreaded 93%) of my skybox.

I tried the null modem procedure but was a right pain trying to connect.

I got my skybox working by removing the power socket from the mains and then trying again. Give it a go as you never know.

IMG_20150927_164430.jpgIMG_20150927_163629.jpgIMG_20150927_163629.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 PM ----------

Any skybox f5 stuck on load try to flash with null modem but this message come up I need some help plz

hello...

can i use the skybox f5 flash tools to flash my skybox f3? i can't seem to find the specific flash tools for my f3

I had on the display of the receiver error 8, after i upgraded the firmware successfully, but my receiver (F5S) after upgrade at LOAD97% it reboots over and over.
To the receiver is nothing connected only the power supply, tried with different power supply from my working receiver, any solution or hint?

Thanks

Back