Skybox/openbox the truth

think people only post there problems with the box thats why you only hear bad stuff i run 2 boxes off same dish at same time on slow ish internet speed and they run very good

think people only post there problems with the box thats why you only hear bad stuff i run 2 boxes off same dish at same time on slow ish internet speed and they run very good

That is a fact Bob, but Simon is right also, there are numerous posts about problems, but in my opinion a lot of it is to do with not knowing what you are doing, with various results, the worst being the dreaded brick.

Maybe a poll would shed more light on opinions.That poss wheelo?

Dunno, to be honest, let me check it out. what would the question be?

same probs over and over again so you saying there is no file mismatch probs with clone boxes?
So there is no issue with voltage supply to lnb stopping the lnd swinging from vert to hoz? stopping channels showing and getting NO SIGNAL? 5% signal no channels?
I have a 1.2mtr dish with top notch lnb i would never entertain hooking up a skybox it would never drive it its just impossible

SimonB----you say you have 6 years experience with satellite well lets get the record straight, I have 30+years in the field starting from the original Filmnet then Marco polo and so on. i have used so many different boxes etc that I've lost count of. I was the Admin on Flutisatmalta.com for 8 years [biggest forum around the Med] I hacked and helped free sat for many years but who really cares---not me. I just enjoy the hobby, I enjoy helping the so called "newbies" and playing with gadgets like the Skybox. My opinions are mine and mine alone, if someone wants to buy a Skybox then they are capable of making up their own mind.
My sincere apologies to you Simon, I have no wish to offend you but I personally would not try to influence the thinking of others who do not have the cash for expensive boxes or the technical know how.
Thank you all for allowing me to rant on.
Mods feel free to delete this post if it offends.
Reaper.

But hey skyboxes do the job so... we dont need a poll its a thread and just a chat. i always stand to be corrected if iam wrong after using about 20 f5s/v5s boxes. These are just my findings.
No im not an importer of them thank god

after using about 20 f5s/v5s boxes.
That and the 3000+ threads (i think)in the skybox section(not all to do with problems may i add).Thats what you base your flaming of the poor little skybox on lol.Simonb please.Im off for a lie down.Joking aside i cant see any harm in a poll it may help others?

SimonB----you say you have 6 years experience with satellite well lets get the record straight, I have 30+years in the field starting from the original Filmnet then Marco polo and so on. i have used so many different boxes etc that I've lost count of. I was the Admin on Flutisatmalta.com for 8 years [biggest forum around the Med] I hacked and helped free sat for many years but who really cares---not me. I just enjoy the hobby, I enjoy helping the so called "newbies" and playing with gadgets like the Skybox. My opinions are mine and mine alone, if someone wants to buy a Skybox then they are capable of making up their own mind.
My sincere apologies to you Simon, I have no wish to offend you but I personally would not try to influence the thinking of others who do not have the cash for expensive boxes or the technical know how.
Thank you all for allowing me to rant on.
Mods feel free to delete this post if it offends.
Reaper.
No offence taken Reaper i repect your valued imput to the thread.
Its an open thread and your experience is most welcome, and all your comments taken on board and respected.
But i left school at 16 now 47 started with ntl do you remember redifusion cable? then went to sly. doe 10yrs sat insallation in europe plus us also got a g0 ham call

wheelo maybe its a good idea to shut the thread now trust me i forgot moree than they know to honest

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 PM ----------

thx reaper me too

---------- Post Merged at 11:57 PM ----------

you are wrong but i respect you.

adult debate over lets make way for the young guns come on weelo take over. i was 1 stage from iss but could not take my dog

---------- Post Merged at 12:09 AM ----------

bobless really you ned to read the full thread i have the best respect to anyone that comments on a thread that was not an insult. so shhhhh

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 AM ----------

anyways guys and girls thx for a great feedback but i dont sell satboxes so i only comment on satboxes used as stated in the thread if it works keep using it!!

bobless really you ned to read the full thread i have the best respect to anyone that comments on a thread that was not an insult. so shhhhh
Ok mate you go on thinking you know more than anyone on here as i doubt that.Ok ill shhhlol

Sorry bobless i tend not to stoop that level the comment i posted was true been in the tv game since 16 now 47 so i forget more than most people know!!
Goodnight bobless thanks for your feedback.

Back