skyNEW Skin

Hi all does the tabs work on this skin?
yes if you add the EpgSelection.py , I have actually redone the ipk and added the MovieSelection.py , EpgSelection.py and MovieList.py to save having to add them manually everytime i do fresh install.

Thanks urie, Im at work but I'll give it a go when I get home :)
just one thing though, when you say you have added the MovieSelection.py , EpgSelection.py and MovieList.py do you mean that if I use the download on the first page of this thread it will be included or will I still have to do it manually, this sounds very lazy on my part lol but I just want to know if I have to add the files in after :)

the skin just comes as default these are not included.

EPG Tabs Selection

===========================================================
MOVIE SELECTION settings
==============================
put the two .py files in corresponding folders.

copy MovieSelection.py to usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens
copy MovieList.py to usr/lib/enigma2/python/components
===========================================================

also check this post

Thanks again m8, but when I add Chababu's V2.008 ipk file and install it I get this message is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_20210413_182403.jpg
    IMG_20210413_182403.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 19
no I don't think so, this is what I have in my skins folder, I don't have Chabs plugin either.

Attachments

• IMG_20210413_190825.jpg
    IMG_20210413_190825.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
no I don't think so, this is what I have in my skins folder, I don't have Chabs plugin either.
you have wooshbuild on that is wb skin it is simmilar and has tabs chabs skynew skin comes with wooshbuild it is in plugins download \ skins

Yeah I've tried downloading it but it won't show up !
A while ago I was messing with the normal and alternate versions and I seem to lose chabs plugin so now I'm stuck with no tabs even on wb skin.

Yeah I've tried downloading it but it won't show up !
A while ago I was messing with the normal and alternate versions and I seem to lose chabs plugin so now I'm stuck with no tabs even on wb skin.
just reinstall wooshbuild or try uninstalling WB skin then reinstall it

How do I reinstall wooshbuild, is there an easy way to do it?
there is whole wooshbuild section on this forum :confused: any way copy and paste
Code:
opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk
into openwebif terminal or putty

Sorry urie, after I wrote that I thought the same to myself lol, but thanks again for being so helpful (y) :smiley:

I just reinstall wooshbuild and tried again and I'm still getting the same screen as post #626 above "Done : 0 packages installed, upgraded or removed packages" but I've loaded the wb skin and the tabs are working so that will do me, but thanks again for your help, strange that it won't load for me and that I don't have chabs plugin but as I said I can live with the wb skin and the tabs working.

Hi I have installed OpenATV 6.3 and installed this skin which looks great. Im running Autobouquets E2 but I have noticed that some of my news channels are not showing and just a black screen with the exception of the info box showing for a few seconds up such as Sky News and France 24, Also I have noticed that there is now a number beside each channel as the info box...is this normal with this skin? Is there something that I can do to 'fix' these small issues?

When on main epg screen press menu then go to Channel title format and you can change what is displayed. you have not said if sky, freesat, freeview or iptv. but in autobouquets maker select update provider files see if that needs updating .
and have you setup actual epg in menu>setup>EPG>Setup.

Im not sure if you mean epg is black or news channels not playing. if epg you may need to setup epgimporter and select News Channels (xz) in Rytec General XMLTV section and also while there select all the ones in Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    484.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Page 1.jpg
    Page 1.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Page 2.jpg
    Page 2.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Page 3.jpg
    Page 3.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 23
You need to install the ipk properly as @urie said. You can't just copy the skin folder from one box to another because there are associated python components and a plugin.
OK, so finally got all installed, and hav3 the sky picons working , and have transferred the others over to hdd file as per instructions, but not showing. I've changed the picon display settings etc too, without any luck....have patience , I'm new to this lol

OK, so finally got all installed, and hav3 the sky picons working , and have transferred the others over to hdd file as per instructions, but not showing. I've changed the picon display settings etc too, without any luck....have patience , I'm new to this lol
you really need to post a image so we can see what is happening if you type your stb ip address into web browser you will get open webif there you can take screenshot of display on stb. What are the others you are reffering to.

Hi apologise for not replying as work got in the way.
When on main epg screen press menu then go to Channel title format and you can change what is displayed. you have not said if sky, freesat, freeview or iptv. but in autobouquets maker select update provider files see if that needs updating .
and have you setup actual epg in menu>setup>EPG>Setup.

Im not sure if you mean epg is black or news channels not playing. if epg you may need to setup epgimporter and select News Channels (xz) in Rytec General XMLTV section and also while there select all the ones in Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV.
Apologies for not replying back as work is extremely busy.
I've attached a couple of photos of what the issue I'm having. I'm in Dublin, Ireland so I'm running Saorview and Freesat UK for my channels. Just this morning I only noticed that UTV is now not showing so it's something I have installed that has gone wrong.20210430_070437.jpg

Attachments

• 20210430_072032.jpg
    20210430_072032.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210430_070653.jpg
    20210430_070653.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210430_071021.jpg
    20210430_071021.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210430_070936.jpg
    20210430_070936.jpg