SkyQ Skin

Screen name infobar and its the service name widget...i think its font="Bold; 28" Change it to 26 or 25 both the channel name and channel number widgets...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

why cant i install this theme. ive tried using idreamx and i have tried manually uploading to /var/tmp/ and installing through local extentions... nothing.

---------- Post Merged at 10:08 PM ----------

also ive tried finding a way to extract using my mac but no luck.
After installing, you need to go to settings then change the skin to SkyQ and restart E2

The updated file worked a treat (y) the skinned screens are working a treat only thing is the huge gap between the channel numbers and channel names in main epg but thats all to do with how the channel numbers work right?
Yes...you need to increase the service name size in the settings on the graphicalepgpig screen...
That doesnt change the gap between number and name only cuts off/adds more to the channel name side of things

Even changing to just service name there was still an empty space where the number was

Hi,
This looks amazing pal! Nice work to you and Kiddac!!
However iv tried to put this on and im having the same problem as Maveric, extracted the ipk file from rar to var/tmp and opened Vix on my zgemma, using kiddacs skin and i dont have "install extension" but have ipkg-install.
Installed it fru restarted box and still old skin?

After rebooting you have to apply skin menu>setup>system>user interface>skin setup

firstly I think you are completely mad for releasing this to the public so early in such a beta stage :willy nilly: you should have just asked for some beta testers from guys that have a bit of know how and experience with these boxes. (no offence to anyone..but been there done that)

I will try not to interfere too much as it's your skin and I might do things slightly different. But here are a few constructive comments.

The bits you have skinned are spot on.
I like the menus - and don't think you really need to go with the full glass effect like the original.
I would remove the left/right arrows in the middle of the select bar on the setting pages though. Text or slider bars overlap it on too many screens. And its usually the problem screens that use the default setup screen so you can't bloody override it. This drove me nuts on slyk.
I presume the infobar highlights were bugging you and probably clashing with the text. Still looks good though.

You can fix the event name problem by increasing the height of the box,re-algining and putting a wrap on it. It works well.

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="0,561" size="195,60" font="Bold; 27" valign="center" Wrap="1" ......

See me screenshot.

On the epg, I would remove the line you have put on the header background between the date and times as it only works with a particular set column width. You can add in a line here dynamically so it moves with the columns.
Use the following bit of code to place a graphic after the date/times and between all the times individually if you want

<widget name="timeline0" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline1" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline2" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline3" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline4" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline5" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />

View attachment 16569
surely having people test on a range of boxes is useful. we may not be as clued up on enigma2 or skin coding/design but we are all trying to help. I already have a working skin I'm happy with but I'm testing to help the developer and for the development of the skin.

so there is a little offense taken there yes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have it working now.. had to find a pc to uncompress the ipk files revealing the usr/share folders but got and uploaded. all working, just font and alignment issues now similar to others.

firstly I think you are completely mad for releasing this to the public so early in such a beta stage :willy nilly: you should have just asked for some beta testers from guys that have a bit of know how and experience with these boxes. (no offence to anyone..but been there done that)

I will try not to interfere too much as it's your skin and I might do things slightly different. But here are a few constructive comments.

The bits you have skinned are spot on.
I like the menus - and don't think you really need to go with the full glass effect like the original.
I would remove the left/right arrows in the middle of the select bar on the setting pages though. Text or slider bars overlap it on too many screens. And its usually the problem screens that use the default setup screen so you can't bloody override it. This drove me nuts on slyk.
I presume the infobar highlights were bugging you and probably clashing with the text. Still looks good though.

You can fix the event name problem by increasing the height of the box,re-algining and putting a wrap on it. It works well.

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="0,561" size="195,60" font="Bold; 27" valign="center" Wrap="1" ......

See me screenshot.

On the epg, I would remove the line you have put on the header background between the date and times as it only works with a particular set column width. You can add in a line here dynamically so it moves with the columns.
Use the following bit of code to place a graphic after the date/times and between all the times individually if you want

<widget name="timeline0" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline1" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline2" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline3" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline4" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />
<widget name="timeline5" position="0,0" zPosition="1" size="0,0" pixmap="your.png" />

View attachment 16569

and personally I can't stand huge big metrix icons. If that was me I would just stick a big huge Q logo there instead. Certainly a hell of a lot less code.
Thanks kiddac...I do not mind at all...like I said any feedback is welcomed. Its easy for me as I have this week free. I will finish tiding up the things and sorting the graphics then I will clean all the coding part.

The skin is fully working thats y i decided 2 upload it. I used the other sky skin as basics which made it easier. I did not start the skin from base lyk u did.

Yes I was gona inbox you for the highlights. I will tidy up the graphics at the last minute...if possible could you pls do just the highlights for me of different brightness and sizes (top and bottom) top slightly smaller than the bottom ones using the /Baxkgrounds/infobarin.png border line as the line widths both the top and bottom ones.

That is if you not busy and when u hv time because I know you working on your new project.

You not interfering mate and I dont mind anyone telling anything. So again Thnk u and all you guys who have been giving feedbacks...

Ok I'll try tomorrow morning after work I reloaded slyk1hd before going out and that's showing it
Then you have to delete same name .py and .pyo before ftp the ones I have then reboot the box not restarting E2...Have a gud shift at work...

---------- Post Merged at 06:59 PM ----------

Started Tiding up the icons and graphics....

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

:)

Trying it now loving the looks but if have a concern it seens to be to transparent on info bar which make it lil difficult to read text describing the show which is on. Also I think the picon sud be in the empty space u have next to text... unless u have other plans with it but keep up the good work looks awesome like no other skin I've seen

Last edited:
nice work just installed it to have a look the program info isn't showing the now and next info i have manually ftpd the converters just incase but it made no difference

View attachment 16594
Try reboot the box and then reload your epg source...

sorted it i used the py files from your vm skin and its working fine
The converters can be found here with instructions skyQ converter files

---------- Post Merged at 05:07 AM ----------

also the spinner doesn't display it just shows the default vix one so i just transferred yours to /usr/share/enigma2 and replaced the original one

Last edited:
how is the infobar going on? mine doesn't fit i've tried positon setup but it doesn't make a difference
View attachment 16620
It is not your screen it is the infobar coding of the service name widget. If you scroll past posts you will see kiddac has included the word wrap for the code. I have included it in the skin.xml already. Will try upload another beta version later today with new graphics.

On your first release you hadn't put background colours on most of the text. So text had jaggies. Is this on the to do list

Love the skin !!
Only issue is that navigation of an Extension (IPTV in this case) isn't an option i.e. i can't select anything - there's no 'mouseover' colour change to depict my selection if that makes sense?

Apart from that i LOVE it !!

Love the skin !!
Only issue is that navigation of an Extension (IPTV in this case) isn't an option i.e. i can't select anything - there's no 'mouseover' colour change to depict my selection if that makes sense?

Apart from that i LOVE it !!
Yes mate. That is because of the background colour selections. The problem will be sorted when the skin is ready.

Thank u

Got to agree with most who are using the beta, it's chuffing epic. Really loving the look and layout and runs smooth as a button on my H2S. Cheers for all your hard work mate can't wait to use the finished article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back