Slyk Skin Mods v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that's no problem at all.

if you want siilver, and if kiddac doesn't mind, i can go through the mods from page 1 to present, download the files with instructions and create a new thread entitled something like 'Slyk Skin Mods V5 Download Only' , and then this one can continue to be used for the discussion of kiddac's skin?

I can just create one single post with just a list , e.g. :

Arrow at top - no line
Top Picks Screen
Sly Number Zap
Infobar mod
Epg Mod

I could then link each mod on the list to download and include info to this thread where the mod is discussed to eliminate users asking the same thing over and over

I just think it may be a lot clearer for people to see what's available as a mod on this thread all conveniently listed in one post

it may take a while to create, after gathering all the files and data, but it's definitely do-able , then once finished it'll just be a case of updating the post :)

Let me know if you would like it done, i'm just having my dinner but after that i'm free to get going with it; daughter's staying at a mate's house and the mrs is out for the night so i'm pretty bored anyway lol

thanks

---------- Post Merged at 08:32 PM ----------

This shoud sort it then...

Chabs ive got your mod on from post#425

ive changed it a little but i cant seem to get the icons to show would like these if its possible please

View attachment 19629

Bigcol the infobar wasn't included in chabs' mod download, only mods for the graphical epg - but i have pretty much the same infobar as in your screenshot

Bear in mind though that if you actually press the blue button, it will more than likely take you to the extensions menu, but this can be changed

if you go to menu, setup, system, user interface, button setup, press blue and you can go through the list to find something more fitting to the blue button to work with Last/fav

I have mine set as history zap, so when I press blue, I get the list of previous channels zapped.

You can however set it up for similar actions like, 'Zap Down' or 'Show favourites list'

i've added the download to this post, just ftp the png and overwrite in /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd/mybackgrounds

---------- Post Merged at 08:34 PM ----------

as far as the service icons go bigcol with pressing ok twice, chabs' is fixing the files previously uploaded as it's not showing for those of us who have used his mods

Attachments

• v5-infobar95-5.png.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 34
I've amended the infobar.xml to bring in the blue button, Last/Fav option rather than have it as part of the png file if you want it

i tried to do that at first but i did something wrong that made the box crash, is it quite simple to just edit the infobar.xml then? i'm assuming it would be just one line of code to enable the blue button and text with position and size?

going daft here to night
what setting do i need to change to stop the quickepg info window popping up when you open it ?
Screen_Shot_2016_09_15_at_22_11_58.jpg

19248-slyk-skin-mods-v5-bigger-picon.jpg

How do you get this layout (now next later all with description) for v5?
What would need editing (have previously asked #167)

Last edited:
could anybody help me with the following :

on the top picks screen that i have amended i am getting a cut off of the tv picture; i have tried amending the size in mymods.xml but it only changes the size of the mini-tv and not the tv picture

im looking at this piece of code :

Code:
	<screen name="t3-tv">		<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="860,91" size="378,248" zPosition="4" backgroundColor="transparent" />
		<eLabel position="860,304" size="378,35" zPosition="4" foregroundColor="skyblue" backgroundColor="skylightrow" transparent="0" font="Regular;19" />
		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="890,308" size="316,22" font="Regular;22" foregroundColor="skyblue" backgroundColor="skylightrow" transparent="1" valign="center" halign="center" noWrap="1" zPosition="5">
			<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
		</widget>
	</screen>

is there a line i need to add it to get the full picture behind the mini tv - it seems to cut off about 50 or so pixels at the bottom, but doesn't stretch to enough pixels from left to right

thanks in advance

<screen name="t3-tv">
<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="860,90" size="375,263" zPosition="3" backgroundColor="#ff000000" />
<eLabel position="860,354" size="375,22" zPosition="4" foregroundColor="skyblue" backgroundColor="skylightrow" transparent="0" font="Regular;19" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="900,354" size="316,22" font="Regular;19" foregroundColor="skyblue" backgroundColor="skylightrow" transparent="1" valign="center" halign="center" noWrap="1" zPosition="5">
</widget>
</screen>

ZGemma H.2s Openvix4.1 Slyk-HD 5.106

the elabel should be the size and position of where you want the tv to be placed this is acting like a mask.
Then copy these values into the video widget above it. and for this video increase the height and width by 10. Offset position by -5,-5

---------- Post Merged at 11:37 PM ----------

I am going to code and layout this properly myself. if you want to wait a few days. I have also managed to source a perfect image where all the images are crystal clear.

I am planning on attempting to do this. Each screen will only bring in an image for that channel. Therefore I am going to overlay a channel picon over the top. 2 cinema, 2 atlantic, 1 living, 1 store.

Thats the plan anyway. From the code danmed has written I might be able to achieve this.

View attachment 19636

---------- Post Merged at 11:39 PM ----------

and that mockup guidelines a did the other day from a different screenshot is actually spot on.

<screen name="t3-tv">
<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="860,90" size="375,263" zPosition="3" backgroundColor="#ff000000" />
<eLabel position="860,354" size="375,22" zPosition="4" foregroundColor="skyblue" backgroundColor="skylightrow" transparent="0" font="Regular;19" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="900,354" size="316,22" font="Regular;19" foregroundColor="skyblue" backgroundColor="skylightrow" transparent="1" valign="center" halign="center" noWrap="1" zPosition="5">
</widget>
</screen>

ZGemma H.2s Openvix4.1 Slyk-HD 5.106

thanks hideout, this made the tv picture fit in the box, but it also made the mini-tv screen around it bigger and out of place so i'm having a play with it - thanks for your help, much appreciated

---------- Post Merged at 01:38 AM ----------

the elabel should be the size and position of where you want the tv to be placed this is acting like a mask.
Then copy these values into the video widget above it. and for this video increase the height and width by 10. Offset position by -5,-5

I am going to code and layout this properly myself. if you want to wait a few days. I have also managed to source a perfect image where all the images are crystal clear.

I am planning on attempting to do this. Each screen will only bring in an image for that channel. Therefore I am going to overlay a channel picon over the top. 2 cinema, 2 atlantic, 1 living, 1 store.

Thats the plan anyway. From the code danmed has written I might be able to achieve this.

View attachment 19636

and that mockup guidelines a did the other day from a different screenshot is actually spot on.

thanks kiddac, will have a look at it

oh nice, yeah i can definitely wait a few days, leave it in the hands of the pro :) nice, can't wait to see it

attachment is broken btw

View attachment 19636

Look forward to it Kiddac :)

All it will take is modifying the existing code to put the images in the right places and resize them accordingly...

---------- Post Merged at 09:49 AM ----------

Just re-read this and i don't understand what you mean by "Each screen will only bring in an image for that channel. Therefore I am going to overlay a channel picon over the top. 2 cinema, 2 atlantic, 1 living, 1 store"... i think i'm missing something..

my picture explained it, but it didn't upload. i.e top-picks1.png is only going to be sky cinema images. top-picks2.png is only going to be sky atlantic etc.
I am going to try and refine your scraper. Some of the images have the name of the channel in it. i.e sky-living, sky-atlantic. So I might be able to only source images that are relevant to one channel.
If this is possible then I can just overlay that channels icon.
It means we get a more structured layout, but would be easier to design.

Dsayer... it was only a matter of time... ha

my picture explained it, but it didn't upload. i.e top-picks1.png is only going to be sky cinema images. top-picks2.png is only going to be sky atlantic etc.
I am going to try and refine your scraper. Some of the images have the name of the channel in it. i.e sky-living, sky-atlantic. So I might be able to only source images that are relevant to one channel.
If this is possible then I can just overlay that channels icon.
It means we get a more structured layout, but would be easier to design.

Dsayer... it was only a matter of time... ha

Ah, yeah that makes sense.. I saw the channel names in the "alt" tag but the regex i was using is already beyond my comprehension :)

Unless you have some other fancy way of overlaying the channel logos, you will have to use cloudinary.com rather than rsz.io as rsz.io doesn't have the facility.. You'll need to upload the channel logos to your account and call them using the name.

The only problem is that cloudinary free account only allows 7500 transformations a month and 75000 total before you have to upgrade.. and thats $50 a month :(

Hopefully there is another solution out there that can resize, convert to PNG and also overlay gfx...

good luck! there are plenty of ways my script can be optimised and improved on i'm sure :)

Oh.. and don't try and retrieve https via rsz.io as you'll get IP banned :grin:

Last edited:
all your links work as http. https isn't needed on the image links.

you are not getting what I am planning to do. I am not going to embed the logo. I am just going to code it into the skin so it overlays the image.

Slyk Skin Mods V5 - All Mods

I have gone through all pages of the mods thread to consolidate them into one post - this is structured in the list below, starting each line with who made the mod, then the name of the mod and info of the original post - Instructions added to posts for these mods are now included in the download files of those mods on this post only, entitled Instructions.rtf or Instructions.rtfd - to download with instructions follow the relevant links next to the mod name, or to go to the original post, click the post # link next to the mod

Siilver - Epg Arrow & Line - POST#2 // Download On Post

Siilver - Progress Bars Colour - POST#4 // Download On Post

BiGC0L - Picon In Infobar - POST#10 - Additional Information POST#181 // DOWNLOAD

Siilver - Flat Logo - POST#11 // Download On Post

Kiddac - Change Colour In ECM Info - POST#14 // DOWNLOAD

BiGC0L - Bigger Picon - POST#15 // DOWNLOAD

Boobishabang - Remove EPG "|" Line break / Separator - POST#32 // DOWNLOAD

No1gooner / JymJym - Official Sly Style Number Zap - POST#47 - Extra Information POST#175 // DOWNLOAD

No1gooner / JymJym - Official Sly Style Number Zap V2 - POST#59 // DOWNLOAD

JymJym / Simpleman / Siilver - Menu / EPG Video Picture Preview - Name Removed - POST#61 // DOWNLOAD

Gmanpanthro - Menu / Setup - 4 Fake Screens - POST#70 (Files Removed - Links No Longer Active)

Chabs - 3rd Event In Infobar - Information Only, No Download Required - Now Included In Latest IPK - Edit extras.xml - POST#84 - Additional Info by Kiddac - POST#255

Siilver - Custom Multi-Mods Files - Post#105 // Download On Post - Includes : EPG Description Text Smaller Size || Movie Description Text Smaller Size || Menu / EPG / TV Video Picture Preview - Name Removed || Numberzap Text Smaller Size || Second Infobar Description Text Smaller Size || Quick EPG Infobar Description Text Smaller Size || Infobar Description Text Smaller Size || Sly Tabs Hack Unused Tabs Grey || Infobar Picon Moved into Infobar || Epg active tab colour changed to match official colour

Danmed - Red Button EPG Record Timer Question Alternative - POST#117 // DOWNLOAD

Gmanpanthro - Fake Official Sly Style Menu Screen For EPG - POST#123 - Extra Information / Edited Images Grantdavey91 POST#201 , POST#297 // DOWNLOAD

ChaddyUK - Unlock / Padlock Infobar Amendment - POST#137 // DOWNLOAD

BiGC0L - Infobar Next Event Scrolling - No Download Required - POST#202

Grantdavey91 - BootLogo/Radio Background/GUI Backdrop/Screensaver Official Sly Style - POST#206 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - BootLogo/Radio Background/GUI Backdrop/Screensaver Official Sly Style VERSION 2 - #POST215 // DOWNLOAD

Kiddac - Official Sly Style Screensaver - POST#218 // DOWNLOAD

Chabs - Official Sly Style GraphicalEPG - Information POST#274 , POST#419 , POST#425 // DOWNLOAD

^^ Chabs' Official Sly Style GraphicalEPG Updated with Service Icons POST#532 // DOWNLOAD

Gmanpanthro - Tuner + SNR Info MOD for Infobar - POST#279 // DOWNLOAD

Siilver - Siilver's MODs V5.106 - POST#287 // Download On Post

Gmanpanthro - Fake Official Sly Style Menu Screen For EPG With Bouquet Selector - POST#289 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - Top Picks Fake Sly Style Menu Screen For EPG - Bigger Mini TV (Original Credit Gmanpanthro) - POST#311 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - Top Picks Fake Sly Style Menu Screen For EPG - Full Re-Design (Based on backbone of Gmanpanthro's XML) - POST#322 , More Info POST#324 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - Top Picks Fake Sly Style Menu Screen For EPG - Full Re-Design VERSION 2 - Official Sly Style (Includes python script for cron timer) - POST#367 - Kiddac More information POST#348 // DOWNLOAD

Danmed / Gmanpanthro / Kiddac / Grantdavey91 - Toppicks.py python auto-download images, and Toppicks2.sh auto-download script, instructions with link POST#383 - Github - TopPicks - Additional Information POST#388 , POST#400 , POST#405 , POST#432, POSTS#441-477 , POST#488 , POST#503 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - Top Picks Mymods.xml , containing code only for top picks screen (Original credit Gmanpanthro) - POST#386 // DOWNLOAD

Hideout10UK - Plugin for Top Picks Python - Information on POST#427 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - V5 Infobar with Blue Button Last/Fav PNG VERSION - POST#509 // DOWNLOAD

Willo3092 / Kiddac - Amend EPG Red Button Select (Options) from Scroll Bars to V4 Look - Information Only, No Download Required - POSTS#111-114

SystemLord / Kiddac - Slower Scroll Speed For Current Event Description on GraphicalEPG - Information Only, No Download Required - POSTS#116+117

JymJym - AutoBouquetsE2 GraphicalEPG Channel Numbering - Information Only, No Download Required - POST#214 (Latest VIX Includes GraphicalEPG Numbering Now)

Chabs - Alternative Top Picks Menu Screen - Information Only - POST#483 - Original Credit Gmanpanthro

Boobishabang - V5 Infobar with Blue Button Last/Fav CODE VERSION - POST#510 // DOWNLOAD

JymJym - Swap +24 Hours + -24 Hours on GraphicalEPG to mirror official sly - POST#535 // DOWNLOAD

BiGC0L - 3 Programs + Picon IN Infobar- POST#537 // DOWNLOAD

Chabs / BiGC0L - Infobar Service Icons - Instructions - No Download Required - POST#541 + 542

Gmanpanthro - Service Event Name in Top Picks (Under Service Name) / Fake Sly Menu - POST#553 - No Download Required - Code In Post - Mymods

Gmanpanthro - Up To Date Mymods.xml 17/09/16 - POST#560 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - Movies.xml / Recordings Menu Screen Mods (Instructions On Post) - POST#566 // DOWNLOAD

Kiddac - Top Picks Screen with Script (Information On Post) - POST#570 // DOWNLOAD

Birdman / Grantdavey91 - toppicks2.sh Script For Non-Zgemma Users (original credit to danmed) (use with top picks mod) (instructions on post) - POST#586 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - Channel Selection (TV Button) Mods (Layout3/CrossEPG) - POST#588 // No Download Required - Code On Post

Gmanpanthro - Event Name Under Mini-TV & Service Name on Top Picks Mod - POSTS#551 & 553 // No Download Required - Code On Post

Gmanpanthro - Latest mymods.xml File 17/09/2016 - POST#560 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - Movies.xml / Planner/Recordings Screen Mods - POST#566 // DOWNLOAD

Kiddac - Top Picks Mod with Auto-Download Scripts BETA - POST#570 , 688 , 702 // DOWNLOAD

Chabs - Top Picks Mod for Menu & EPG Screens with Changing PNGS for Menu Selection - POST#582 // Info Only, Awaiting Files for Download - NOW AVAILABLE - SEE POST#836

Grantdavey91 - Channel Selection Screen MODs (Edit mymods.xml) - POST#588 // No Download Required - Code On Post

Gmanpanthro - Top Picks for EPG & Menu with bouquet selector - POST#652 // Info Only // POST#655 // DOWNLOAD

BiGC0L - Planner/Recordings Screen MODs - POST#721 // Info Only - Download Files Requested

Chabs - Panner/Recordings Screen MODs - POST#725 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - Planner/Recordings MODs V2 Chabs' Planner Mod with Changes - POST#739 // Info Only // POST#744 // DOWNLOAD

Gmanpanthro
- Movieselection1 / mymods.xml update 25/09/16 - POST#748 // DOWNLOAD

BiGC0L - Planner MODs V2 - POST#761 [info only] // POST#797 // POST#799 // DOWNLOAD

Danmed - Alternative PNGs for Planner/Recordings Screen [Original Credit BiGC0L] - POST#794 // DOWNLOAD - on post, right click and save target

BiGC0L - Planer MODs without Top Picks - POST#809 // DOWNLOAD

Grantdavey91 - BiGC0L's V2 Planner MODs with tweaks - POST#810 // Info Only

Kiddac - Planner/Recordings Screen MOD - POST#822 // POST#829 // POST#861 // POST#879 // Info Only

Chabs - Menu Mod with Top Picks / Changing PNGs - POST#836 // DOWNLOAD // More Info POST#845

Kiddac
- Slyk V5 Mods (Sly EPG Bouquet Tabs ; Sly Movie Planner ; Sly Top Picks ; Yellow Timeline for EPG) - THREAD (Includes Instructions and Info // DOWNLOAD

Kiddac - Event Start Time in 2nd Infobar - POST#866 // No Download Required - Code/Info on Post

Grantdavey91 - New Sly Planner MODS - POST#968 + POST#973 // DOWNLOAD
Select Bar PNG POST#990 // Download On Post

THIS POST LAST UPDATED : 21:42 on Saturday 08 October 2016

ALL MODS LINK - DOWNLOAD ALL

I think I've captured them all from this thread, if any links are broken or incorrect please let me know

If any member credits I have missed, not included or got wrong, please tell me and i'll correct it

This has taken about 5 hours to compile in the hope that it will make users easier to see what MODs have been shared and are available for Kiddac's V5 Slyk Skin - Please hit the like/thanks button below on this post if you find useful

If There's anything i've missed that you want added in, give us a shout

This list will be updated on an as and when basis

Last edited:
all your links work as http. https isn't needed on the image links.

you are not getting what I am planning to do. I am not going to embed the logo. I am just going to code it into the skin so it overlays the image.

I get you now. Yes i know mine are http, as i change https in http in the code as some of the ones from www.sky.com/watch are https links.

anyway, look forward to seeing it.

On my channel selection screen (tv button) i have the mod for cross epg users look, but now i seem to have lost the RYGB buttons at the bottom

anybody know how i can put these back on?

thanks

1_0_1_23FC_7F9_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

Newer mods file.
not including much different to before sorry, but should be able to add mods and keep them better

Link is dead

tested and working on v5.202

removed the font mods, but can add them in if people want them.

Details on my mods that i have worked on

Epg
View attachment 20478
Global Sly log changed (3 light blue / multi / yellow)
Channel name removed from preview TV
Unused tabs greyed out
now epg current time highlight bar changed to sly gold (to stand out more)

Infobars

4 infobars to choose from

(3) New - Now Next later infobar/Second infobar with picon in bar
(3.5) New - Now Next later infobar/Second infobar with picon in bar with skygold progress bar
(4) Old - Now Next infobar/Second infobar with picon in bar
(4.5) Old - Now Next infobar/Second infobar with skygold progress bar

Infobar 3
is the now next and later infobar (new)
View attachment 20480
Infobar 3.5
View attachment 20479
Picon moved in to infobar
the difference between the whole number mods and .5 mods is the colour of the progress bar
so from the orignal is blue the new is sly gold

infobar 4
4 is the older bar with now and next. also comes in a .5, so with a gold progress bar.
View attachment 20481

Tv and Radio Button
View attachment 20482

"ChannelSelection-siilver"

With Picon centred and Background removed
Channel name removed from preview TV
Progress bar colours changed to sly gold

ABM graphic

before
View attachment 20220

after
View attachment 20252

just to move the graphic out of the way so its not so much in your face
(will do the same for crossepg)

i have tried to make it easier to activate the mods now. all files are drag and drop. so no need to over right current files. so when i comes to updating, once again just drag in and restart gui

not a lot changed, just cleaned up and now have a extras.xml override. so if there is any settings in both it will take the settings from my mod
so when it comes to updating it should just need copied over and restart GUI. if you have it set the way you want

all my mods are turned off when you first install. open the edit-me.xml and change what you want

any problems please let me know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back