Software OEM ID mismatch

Could anyone help and tell me what this means and more importantly how do I get my box back to how it was??. I was trying to upgrade by network and I pressed the firmware for v8s by mistake, now I get no authority message in small black box on left side of screen and the sound on HD channels that did work doesn't any help would be appreciated cheers Chris

Could anyone help and tell me what this means and more importantly how do I get my box back to how it was??. I was trying to upgrade by network and I pressed the firmware for v8s by mistake, now I get no authority message in small black box on left side of screen and the sound on HD channels that did work doesn't any help would be appreciated cheers Chris

I got home and my box has done the same (v8s)completely reset it self lines/gifts ect.I have got a message on all fta channels NO AUTH help needed thanks .

Ensure you have a copy of your line/gift then go menu tools and do a factory reset--then tick No15 in sat list and do a single sat blind scan--when channels back reinstall your line,
Reaper.

Just tryed factory reset still no success when I try to input my USB it comes up with the message fail: not config file/many/uda1/product_config.ini in USB disk what does that mean this is after I have formatted the stick as well.

Have you formatted your usb key to FAT32? plus the symptoms indicate that you may be the proud owner of a clone box.
Reaper.

Yeah formatted fat 32 plus when I input the USB it show's EEEEE on the display!! It may be I have a clone box is there any way of knowing?

Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue with software OEM ID mismatch when trying a firmware update and also the Auth on the screen and no sound. I was upgrading the firmware via network and clicked on the Skybox V8plus link that was there and this is what has caused the problems. I know I don't have a clone box as have had this for over 3 years and had no issues with upgrading, epg's, channel lists in the past. When I look at information it is showing that OEM ID is 0002 and software ver is 3511HD_29_05_2014_0611.

Any help I cna get would be hugely appreciated

Thanks
Joseph

Yeah formatted fat 32 plus when I input the USB it show's EEEEE on the display!! It may be I have a clone box is there any way of knowing?
Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue with software OEM ID mismatch when trying a firmware update and also the Auth on the screen and no sound. I was upgrading the firmware via network and clicked on the Skybox V8plus link that was there and this is what has caused the problems. I know I don't have a clone box as have had this for over 3 years and had no issues with upgrading, epg's, channel lists in the past. When I look at information it is showing that OEM ID is 0002 and software ver is 3511HD_29_05_2014_0611.

Any help I cna get would be hugely appreciated

Thanks
Joseph

Have fixed my box by flashing the box as if its bricked so by using erom upgrade it as worked and yes v8s plus option is what buggered up mine.

Have fixed my box by flashing the box as if its bricked so by using erom upgrade it as worked and yes v8s plus option is what buggered up mine.

Cool will need to get myself a cable to do the bricked box update. Glad to know it can be saved as I didn't want to have to get a new box

Sorry Just said to my mate about this bricked thingy he's going to dig it out and give it a go ..hope u all get your boxes sorted.

Back