Software OEM ID mismatch

Box was working fine then I moved had issues with lnb (sky q)sorted that got FTA channels but get the HD with no sound turn it on on micropanel and then it keeps turning itself off and on ,no auth message,think I deleted some thing I shouldn't have!

I have the exact same problem as Joseph. I clicked on upgrade my network and accidentally clicked on the incorrect firmware. I have tried to upgrade by usb but it keeps saying OEM ID mismatch.
I have checked information and it says OEM ID 0002. Should this be OEM ID 0001. How can I get this firmware updated. I also get a black square on the screen saying No AUTH.
My software ver is 3511HD_29_05_2014-0611
Please help

You will need to completely reflash your box using a RS232 null modem cable, Ali3511 erom upgrade tool and firmware N064 from www.yojiatech.com
All instructions in Openbox forum on this site in Recover dead Openbox/skybox with null modem cable.
Reaper.

I've reflashed my box using the instructions and its all back working great.

If anyone does get this problem then its worth the £7 i spent on the cable from ebay and is really easy to sort out. Biggest problem i had was finding the correct driver for the cable.

Search on beay for 'USB to Serial Null Modem Cable' and if you need help with the drivers just drop me a PM and i'll try and help you out.

Thanks to reaper for the instructions and for this site for helping me sort it all

Last edited:
Back