Solo2SE

Not getting very far with this guys. Do you think the bootloader will work?
I have been sent the files to update from v2 to v4, from another member or do you think its a waste of time.

What do I call that cable that connects pc to box so I can order one?

I spent hours yesterday trying to flash the sunray one (second from bottom)
I even tried plain atv and nothing.

I love a challenge but this one as me beat and the box only cost £30 so is it time to call it

Yes I think so the instructions say to connect pc to box with a serial cable
Is that the same cable that you use on the openboxes? If so I know someone who as one of those, so will save me ordering.

The 9 pin d shape plug m8, thats the rs232 cable as benjiofar said,but you will need software to go with it, and i cant remember if the " DREAMUP " software is compatible with VU+ SOLO m8 ??

This is what I was going to try next but I need a cable
it as all files and what I need with it I think
Upgrading a VU+ Solo2 /Solo2se to v4 Drivers/Bootloader

Yes...reboot box...and its BRICKED....lol...only kidding m8, Try it and see if it works, whether that will allow you to flash the box, i couldn't say, but at a guess, i think not....but you can only try m8....(y)

You might find that you cannot get the drives for the rs232, if you are using a usb to serial m8, you may need an older laptop with the rs232 output, for the cable to work in the first instance...??

As you have probably guessed by now I have no idea what im doing at all.
Sorry for the dumb a$$ question but is it the null modem cable I need or something different?

No i don't think you will need a null modem cable m8, but try with the rs232 cable only to see if it the bootloader goes through to the box, I used to use dreamup at lot, and i could use it with or without the null cable, with the null cable and the rs 232 cable on together, it allows the data to run through a lot quicker

If the bootloader works what am I trying to flash on it, am I still trying the second one from bottom on the link provided

Just looking through the forum and found this
solo2 se clone or genuine...image download???
I then followed the link on post 2 and I think from what I read it takes a normal atv flash. I think that was mentioned in an earlier post on here

What would help is if I knew what it flashed with, ive read and read until I cant read anymore my heads a shed and its driving me nuts.
Ive packed it away that many times and then I think lets just have another crack. Recon @woody6222 as the best idea

Clones use to come with the " blackhole " image on them as standard [ thats if it is a clone box m8 ] Try updating the bootdrivers first, and im guess that if it is a clone, then it maybe wont update anyway??

Could you not try any old images on the box of open atv or even vix or see if they would get the box to flash just thinking if got it to flash with an old image would the drivers not update that way if all else fails I would tell your mate to buy a new box makido

can I ask a question or two?, does the box actually boot up? is it possible that the guy that sold it to you has flashed with non clone image & damaged nand flash chip?
if it poered up can u connect thru openweb to get some image details? You need to identify the box as u now lots of clones died in april2014. It was considered that all image created before december 2013 were 'clone safe' those after, weren't, Lincsats post to you explains this too. the post april 14 clone safe images had drivers patched. If you can find out which brand box is it's a start,the meelo+ & sunray ones will take patched driver images based on originals, the lonrisun ones need an image that has the kernel modified, so no others will work. As lincsat said the newer models will take original images, but your risk is you don't know the age/brand, as cactikid said post some pics maybe & if someone can identify,then it's a step forward

My mate as the box now, cos it was driving me mad. Even though we are just going round in circles
When I opened the box up I couldnt find anything that relates to what its flashed with. But maybe I missed something that you guys will be able to spot
When I get the box back I will stick pics up for you

Box doesnt boot at all, so cant get to webif or putty. All I have is a light and the flash button
I hold the flash button in for 10 seconds then let go (I read that somewhere) But other than that I only have this vuhd website to go on, and even then im not to sure, as I can only go on what the previous owner told me. But surely it would flash from the vuhd website whether its an old image or not

Back