Cable Sorry another newbie with a few questions

Ash_p84

I'm new to all of this so please be gentle. I'm doing my best to get my head around it all. I have a few questions and concerns which hopefully you guys can help me out with. I currently have a VM subscription with broadband and the basic TV package. I am looking at the zgemma H2H box. So have a few questions around VM and the box, I am open to suggestions and different options.
1) I would like to be able to record aswell as watch. I can see that the zgemma is a single tuner box so this will not be possible as I understand it! Is that correct?
2) if it cannot record is there a better option for a box on the market or am I able to run the VM TiVo box and the zgemma alongside each other?
3) obviously you are getting a lot of channels for little money and so I expect to have a few more issues that simply paying for a full VM tv package. I am prepared to go through the setting up of the box etc initially. But I need something that is user friendly and will not cause me problems after the initial setup. I work away a lot and my partner and children will be using the box and so want something that is reliable and not leave them without TV when I am away. Any advice on this would be great.

Hopefully you guys can help. Thanks in advance

Take a little look at the mutant HD51, twin cable tuner, add a 500 GB /1 TB HDD and your all sorted. No need to keep your TV subscription or TiVo box, just keep broadband ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply and advice. I haven't read much about the mutant HD51. How does it compare to the zgemma? I only ask as I've see a zgemma in action but not a mutant HD51.

Yes - and the boxes are quite easy to setup and with the various skins out there you can choose one that you are familiar with like the VM skin. As for problems - as long as you have a reliable gift/line then you should be okay - the gift/line is the thing that causes most of the headache on these boxes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mutant HD51 is 3 times faster than the zgemma, and only £70 more expensive, with a 2 year warranty- no brainier.

Thanks. Where is the best place to get a good and reliable line? Also are wooshbuild/sucmnsee skins or have I got this wrong?

Ok so a build comes with a skin, plugin etc already configured. What's build do you recommend for a mutant HD51?

Just a quick question about the mutant hd51. I'm looking at the mutant-digital.uk site with a view to ordering one. I can see that there are a number of option..they on have a DVBS/S2 available. I take it that this is for satellite and would not be compatible with cable? If this is correct what is the one I should be looking for to use with cable. Thanks again for all your help

No just Sat. Think w o s do twin cable( dvb-c/t/t2) for 199

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
W o s are out of stock on twin cable tuners at the moment, I've found one on Sat-shop.co.uk. Has anyone used this site? Also they offer a number of options so looking for help with this if possible. I take it that I need to select two DVB-T/T2/C tuners to be able to record? What enigma2 firmware do you recommend? What is the third party USB tuner needed for? Hopefully you guys can help

Sat shop is fine.
2 x DVB-T/T2/C
openATV or openvix the choice is yours (not much difference in terms of operating, openvix might be slightly easier to setup then openATV for newbies)
You don't need a usb tuner.

Great thanks for the advice. So due to the fact that the firmware is pre loaded, does this mean that I simply have find a reliable gift/line then I'm off and running? Not having much luck with ordering it, the website won't let me add the external HDD to my order. Shame as it's on offer at £169.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I'll hold off and ring them tomorrow to order it with the internal HDD. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is Oscam ? And due to that fact that I'm new to all of this can't I just stick with the firmware they offer to keep things simple for me?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I'll hold off and ring them tomorrow to order it with the internal HDD. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is Oscam ? And due to that fact that I'm new to all of this can't I just stick with the firmware they offer to keep things simple for me?
The firmware will not automatically get you what your trying to achieve.
It's needs a little tweak (oscam) :-)

Its your choice, if you stick with the software its comes with then you will need to set it up from scratch, here is a guide that I used http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

Whereas the link I posted all you would need to do is change the Autobouquets region, do a scan and add your line.
At the moment the 4k boxes are only really having success with oscam, its an emulator like mgcam and cccam, its what does the "magic" lol

My own opinion is to do your own but as your so new and learning the linked backup will get you going until you learn enough to have a go at doing your own, all info on here but can feel a bit overwhelming first few times lol

Back