Sound System issue

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
So one day, i had some screeching sort of song played on max volume with my NTech sound system for PC. All of a sudden, the sound went really low and then stopped, i could smell some sort of smoke near the subwoofer, there was no life from the small satellite speakers that sit beside my computer. So what i did was, turn everything off from the mains, half an hour later, i turned everything back on. Played some music, my main subwoofer that i smelt smoke from, is working great. However i do notice just a little sign of deteriation, i.e if i have the bass on max, its like a component inside the subwoofer is shaking along with it. But as for now the sound is working fine from there, i think that must be due to the shock. However my 2 satellite speakers are completely dead, how much would it normall cost to fix them, and can they be fixed?. I dont really want to buy new speakers, because i've got a nice set up for my PC:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2ylkbjn.jpg

Its like a family to me ;), The two satellite speakers are on their left and right in the above image, and then the subwoofer ofcourse in the middle.

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.

Back